Chapter 1 ~ Earth

Your POV 

Bring bring. Bring bring.

My eyes snapped open to my phone bringing next to me on my bedside table. I guess I must've dozed off while watching beyblade; it was nearly six o'clock. I picked up my old, hot pink cellphone to answer. I hated the phone. It was old, it was hot pink, and worst of all, it was Android. Sorry to all the Android lovers out there, here in Australia, Iphones are the 'thing'

. Even if you came from a poor family, you still had a good phone. I got it passed down from my parents on my birthday, in Janurary, just before school started. But then everyone asked me what type of Iphone it was, and when they realized it was a Samsung, they would be like, 'Oh...I feel sorry for you. No offense, but Iphones are better.' And I think I already now that, but then they rub it in my face and give me their pity.

I hated every second of it. It wasn't fair as well, my grandpa had an Iphone X and he's already retired! He doesn't need one! And then the case was a whole other matter. My parents were always too busy to take me out to shop (I online shopped), and they are always too clingy off me going to public places by myself or even with my friends.

I can't even go to sleepovers! So when my sister, Blair (l/n), the oh-so famous and brilliant triple threat, worshipped by literally everyone, swung by from Hollywood, she saw that I had a phone and immediately gave me her old, hot-pink case covered in unicorns and stuff for laughs. Of course, Mother and Father thought it was absolutely 'fitting' for me, since I was apparently still their childish, little girl.

Fuck them, honestly.

Why I have this horrible phone doesn't make sense. My parents are richer than rich, richer than probably half the school, not to brag. We live in a gold-and-white manor up on Aureum Hills, the highest and most expensive part of Sydney, Australia.

Other girls know I live up in the hills, some of them even live with me. Chanel, Layla and a few other girls in our group called Hayley Summerfield and Mikayla Goldworth lived across on Summitatem Lane, where I was also staying.

My parents were millionaires, so why couldn't they afford their daughter an Iphone? Actually, they could. They could buy so many Iphones, but apparently, that's not spending money wisely. They said when I work I will understand. So what am I supposed to do? Wait until I'm old like my grandpa?

I sighed and picked up the phone, if you can even call it that, and Ashley's voice immediately hissed into my ear. I silently banged my head against the wall. Why, oh why did I have to pick up? I hated Ashley more than anything else, even my retarded sister, my lunatic parents and my ancienct phone.

Ashley Holdfar wasn't rich like everybody else, no, in fact, she was the poorest in this group by millions. Secretly, I think that her parents don't know how to handle money very well. Even when they had three children, they were suffering from low money and poverty. But then they decided to have three more children!

Ashley hated where she was from, and kept it hidden. She lied to everyone in the year level, saying that she lived in Argenti Park, the smallest hill in Aureum Hills. If you lived there, you were still considered rich, but she didn't.

The only reason why I knew is because my parents basically owned her parents. Mother and Father were the owners of a company called CSIRO (Commonwealth of Scientific and Industrial Research Organization) (A/N CSIRO is a real place). They were top scientists and investigators as well as the director and CEOs, ordering all the investigations around.

Ashley's mum is a cleaner, and her dad is a clerk at the gift office, so they don't have very important jobs, but they can still be fired by both my parents. Ashley knows I know, so she hates me. Extremely. She backstabs me all the time and basically ignores my presence, but the rest of my group are so clueless, that they don't know because they're under Ashley's nice, rich girl front.

'- remember, my birthday party is coming up in three weeks, so everyone needs to RSVP real quick,' Ashley was saying. '(y/n), is your sister, Blair, coming? I need her so we can sing a duet together.'

The only part of my family Ashley liked was Blair, and that was probably the only reason I was invited, so that Blair would come and perform with Ashley, and somehow Ashley would go viral and move to Hollywood. I didn't mind Ashley moving away from Australia, so I agreed to go to the party and bring Blair along.

'Yes, Blair is coming,' I replied over the phone. 

'So, Ashley, remind me where it's going to be?' chirped Chanel. 'The party, it's going to be at your house in Argenti Park, right?'

I could almost see Ashley stiffen on the other side of the phone. 'Uh...not exactly-'

'Aww!' whined Layla. 'We've never been there before.'

'Cause you know, it's hard with my five younger siblings,' lied Ashley. 'So we're having it at the beach.'

'Hold on,' Hayley interrupted. 'Which beach? Marley or Bondi?'

'Marley. Duh,' replied Ashley as if it was obvious. Bondi Beach was really popular, anyone would expect us to go there. But really, it was too popular for everyone in the group's liking.

Soon enough, it became a hotspot for the tourists and basically a non-walking celebrity. But then there was this other beach on the other side of town. It was called Marley Beach, and it was basically deserted even though in reality, it was prettier and much more cleaner. 

'Oh. Good,' sighed Harper McLaughlin, another girl. 'It would be horrid to go to Bondi. Anyways, which shop do you prefer, Supré or Factorie? Or even H&M?'

'Actually, I prefer Top Shop,' answered Ashley. 'But I don't mind all the others. Hang on, what's the cost of make-up at Myers these days?'

I closed my eyes and leaned my head against my headboard as everyone else started chatting about lipstick brands and cropped hoodies and all that girly fashion stuff. It honestly made my head spin.

How could they remember all those brands and their products and prices? They all looked the same, ripped jeans and cropped hoodies and boob tubes. And what was with makeup? Mascara is mascara, who cares if it's by a designer brand or Kylie Jenner?

'(y/n)!' Mother's voice raged throughout the house. 'Dinner time!'

'Coming!' I yelled back. I turned back to the black screen. 'Bye everyone.'

And I chucked the old thing across the room, wishing like hell that I could through all of my problems away like that.

----------------

I hope you liked that chapter! Sorry that Shu wasn't in it, I just wanted to let the reader know all the background information about the main character, along with the situation she's in. 

P.S if anybody is offended by the whole phone thing, I don't mean it at all! I myself have that exact phone, so I don't mean anything. Samsungs are actually better, but y/n here is heavily influenced about what other people thinks.

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!

Word count: 1226