Chapter 7 ~ Beyblade Realm

Shu's POV 

I collapsed into the brown leather, exhaustion clouding over me. I reached out to the coffee table beside me, picking up the red fruit. My eyelids started to slowly droop as I bit into the sweet flesh, allowing the flavour to wash over me, leaving me with my thougths on today. 

The TV Show itself wasn't too bad. I could see why Wakiya called it girly, but I could also see why girls liked it. In Real Earth Life (IREL), wasn't the best, but it wasn't the worse. Watching it with Nariko just made it a hundred times worse and awkward. Even if Nariko didn't watch it with me, I knew that I had no real intention to continue watching the episodes. But then again, the first episode was just an introduction to (y/n)'s life, where she lived, what school she went to, her friends and family, all that stuff. Exhaling, I opened my eyes and swung my feet off the couch, turning into a sitting position as I stared into the apple's bitemark. Why does the girl remind me so much of me?

It's not like we look like each other or anything. I doubt anybody as the vampire look I carry. She still has family, unlike me. (y/n) had lots of fake friends, which was another difference. I might like to train by myself, but I still have a few close friends. I guess we were both popular, in a way. But we still have different problems we have to face. My eyes widened as a familiar image flashed in my head. The two sides of (y/n) (l/n). I swallowed down another bite of the fruit. That was it. We both hid our emotion. 

But since when was that a bad thing?

---------------

I watched in pride at the scene in front of me, up on the district tournament stage. It was puny compared to the National's one, but I guess nerves could still get to you. But leave it to Valt to overcome them. I gaze as the blunette jumped up and down, both excited and suprised by his unexpected victory. The other blonde cowered and walked away in disappointment. I smiled as the scene was replayed up on the big screen. Admiration started burning in my chest as the Valtryek blader commanded with authority a new move, sending the blue blur into hyper-drive, creating a unique and special hyper move I've never seen before. I frowned slightly as it broke through Roktavor. I'll have to watch out for that move. 

'Shu! Shu! Shu!' a familiar voice chanted, snapping me out of my thoughts. I smiled as the victor ran towards me, eyes glistening with happiness, bouncing with every step. 

'Guess what? I won!' he yelled gleefully, punching the air as a brilliant smile broke over his face. 

'I saw,' I grinned as he ran around in circles, childishly screaming proudly. 'Nice move.'

'I know,' he panted, finally stopping as exhaustion overcame him, but nonetheless, the smile stayed intact on his face. His eyes shimmered with pride and happiness even more wildly before. 'And guess what? I'll use that move to beat everyone at the Nationals! Even you Shu, who's like an invicible superhero!'

But I'm not invincible...

I crossed my arms and bit the inside of my cheek to stop myself from gasping at the word Nationals. It already been three months, but the loss was as fresh as ever. I closing my eyes, I leant on a pole and painfully remembered what happened three months ago, which the other was clueless on. The buzzing noise from the crowd eventually died away, the commentating, clicks of cameras and the cheers followed suit. Soon it was just me and my thoughts.

'And after I beat you Shu,' Valt continued on. 'I'll be the champion!'

No you won't...

My teeth closed down even harder on the ragged flesh. Apparently Valt couldn't be drowned out.

'I would have beaten everyone!'