Chapter 20 ~ Both/Finale

Your POV 

The moment I had been dreading had finally come. 

The night of socials. 

I didn't really spend much time browsing through my closet like I had thought I would. Instead, I spent most of my time dreading it and watching Beyblade Burst. I had already gotten prepared for the socials. Just threw on a grey oversized jumper with the word "dreamer" written aesthetically on it and some mom jeans. Extremely basic.

I could only imagine Chanel, Harper and Ashley searching through their whole wardrobe, styling their hair and frantically making on make-up. Whatever.  A smile was drawn onto my feature as I watched a Shalt moment. Of course I didn't ship them romantically, but their friendship was cute as. 

'(y/n)!' Mother called from outside my room, knocking on my door. 'Jordan is here! He says that he's dropping you off at the socials!'

'Okay!' I replied, before letting out a tired exhale, clambering off my bed. I quickly applied some mascara and concealer before rushing downstairs. Mother's forehead creased at my outfit. 

'You're wearing just that?' she asked me. 

I rolled my eyes. 'It's better than a slutty one.'

Mother smiled approvingly before I ran down to the garden. None of the maids were in sight, probably helping for dinner. Only Blair stood in front at the gardens, leaning on a pillar. Even though she wasn't going to the social, she dressed up as if she was. She was wearing a shimmery silver mini dress, nice and tight, paired with some platform heels. Her usually wavy hair was elegantly curled, and she was wearing full-face makeup. She tutted as I approached her. 

'You're dating Jordan Mendax,' she stated. 'At least wear something nicer and be proud.'

'We aren't dating,' I denied it for the fiftieth time today. 'And stop being salty, Blair. If you want to be with him, I'd be happy to step aside.'

'No thanks,' replied Blair crisply, before a car beeped, averting me attention. Right in front of me, in the driveway, was an expensive sky-blue convertible sports car, with the celebrity singer and actor sitting in the front. His chocolatey hair was brushed back messily, which looked quite stunning actually. His brown eyes twinkled as he looked at Blair, which reassured me that this was all for my sister and my family, not some stupid celebrity drama that I had been dragged into. 

'I can take you to the social, Blair,' offered Jordan, his words littered with extreme charm. My older sister rolled her eyes. 

'That's your cue to leave, (y/n),' Blair said to me, ignoring Jordan. I nodded and started walking towards the driver of the sports car. 'And...have fun.'

'Thanks.'

I climbed into shotgun, shocked with the fact Blair had just said that. It seemed like forever since she wanted me to have fun. I didn't expect her to start now, right after I kissed her boyfriend. But...maybe that was a sign the old Blair was returning, maybe she had opened her eyes after the night of Ashley's party. I turned to look at Blair once again, but she had gone back into the house, her dyed blonde ombrè hair fluttering in the wind. I took a deep breath and leaned back into the leather seat. 

Together, Jordan and I drove in silence to the social. 

-----------------

It was held at my school, so the scene wasn't unfamiliar like Amare would have been. But it still seemed different. I've visited my school plenty of times at night, but this was a special occasion. The lights had been tinged pink and red, fairy-lights hanging all over the school aesthetically. Multiple friendship groups and couples lounged around the pretty gardens, taking photos with laughter and love in the air. Roses had been sprinkled around the grass, and even as I entered the roof-top, the petal scent was still thick in the air. Mrs Caprit had added a white-washed fence around the rooftop, making it a fitting place for the social. A silver disco ball glittered on the floor, the colours bouncing off everyone's dresses. In one corner a photo-booth stood for couples, as well as a couple wall where couples could have their photo taken and hung up on the pink and white cardboard. A pink-clothed table was set on one side, various foods heaped on plates, as well as drinks fit for everyone.