Chapter 19 ~ Both

Shu's POV 

It had been two hours since my discovery of my long-lost family. 

It was like an old spark had been reignited, a spark that casted out of the loneliness I had felt over the past few years. The cloud of isolation that always erupted around me whenever I visited Valt or Xander. The smell and feeling of home had returned.

Even though this reunion had made me feel like I had found something I had lost long ago, it couldn't diminish the excitement for visiting Earth. I kept in mind that in just a day I would meet (y/n). I haven't told my parents about (y/n), but they seemed to have gotten the hint. I wonder if Ashtem had told them. 

I watched calmly as the aircraft took off, zooming high into the clouds above the beautiful Mexican forest that was alive with animals. Birds and macaws seemed particularly curious about the aircraft, but the aircraft continued surging through the sky. One certain bird seemed to be follow the plane, a blue macaw with brown eyes and deep ocean feathers that stuck up. He reminded me of a particular friend of mine. Guilt panged in my chest as I realized I was leaving all my friends, my beyblade career, and my old life just for (y/n). Incredible. 

People in love always do crazy things, I guess. 

Valt, I thought as we left the Mexican forest behind. It was so small and far away that it looked like just a clump of trees in this huge world. I promise I'll come back to you. 

'Shu Kurenai,' the intercom crackled with the voice of Ashtem. 'Report to HQ immediately.'

'I will,' I nodded, turning away from the window. But it felt like I was turning away from my old life. 

-------------------------

Your POV 

I hung out in the bathroom for the rest of the day. I would've suicide, but the only thing keeping me alive was that suicide is a sin. Exhaling in frustration, I checked my watch. Three minutes and thirty-five seconds until the day finished. That wasn't too bad. 

Nobody in the whole school had bothered to come and look for me. Even if anyone did, Ashley probably would've stopped them with her power. Lots of people came into the toilets, though. Even Ashley, Chanel and Harper to reapply their makeup. No one went into my stall. Probably because I put a big sign saying 'Out of Order' in the front. Smart, right?

The bell rang, echoing throughout the whole school. Immediately the quiet atmosphere is interrupted by loud, noisy students talking, banging on their locker and complaining loudly about school. Typical. I sighed in relief, my hand ready to open the bathroom door. I had been sitting on the floor with my phone for seven hours. Just as I was getting ready to open it, I heard synchronized footsteps marching in. Leaning down, I saw three pairs of black platform heels. That only meant one thing. 

Ashley, Chanel and Harper. 

But something was different. There wasn't any gossiping or talking shit about other people or spilling tea or complaining or even discussing prices for their buys and what they wanted. Instead, it was just plain silence. All of their meetings in the bathroom had been like this. They came in, applied makeup in awkward silence and left. Chanel and Harper always sat far away from Ashley. It was as if they had a huge fight but pretended they didn't. I wondered if this had to do with Ashley and I's fight. 

'Okay, I'll bite,' Chanel's voice echoed throughout the bathroom. By now all the students had left, so her voice rang out clearly. I could almost see Ashley raising her eyebrows, placing her lipstick down, and turning towards Chanel. 'Why did you lie to us? About your wealth and everything?'