Chapter 15 ~ Earth

Your POV 

Bright lights shining in all the different colours illuminated the white, soft sand. Music was beating in the air, adding to the high level of emotions. The sound of waves crashing was merely a background noise now. Wind blew around us, sending a shiver down my spine. I quivered slightly and wrapped my arms around me. I wish I hadn't worn this dress.

The salty scent of the sea tinged with hot chips filled the air, seagulls chirping in it as the day came to an end. The sunset was simply beautiful. Light and warm colours alike lit up the sky, soft gradients here and there. The golden circle that emitted light was slowly fading away, bringing a new starry sky into view. 

'Alright,' Jordan stopped the engine of the convertible. He turned sideways towards Blair before kissing her. I silently grumbled and slid down in my leather back seat. 'We're here.'

A red carpet at been rolled out for us, probably for Blair and Jordan. They picked up their bags before smiling each other and giddily walking down. Rolling my eyes, I picked up my purse and stumbled my way towards the party, where two bodyguards were waiting. 

'Sorry, sir,' I gasped as I tripped into one of them. Correcting myself,  I desperately wished Mother hadn't been so set on me wearing heels. The guard grunted in response.

'Name?'

'(y/n) (l/n),' I managed to stand upright. The guard trailed his finger down the list of names until he reached mine. He grunted again, the smell of cigarette clouding my nostrils for a moment. Finally, he stepped sideways, revealing a small, intricate golden gate. Pushing the gate open with his huge, meaty hand, he looked up at me. 

'Welcome, (y/n) (l/n),' he began impassively as the music increased loudly. 'To Ashley Holdfar's sixteenth birthday.'

--------------------

I watched in disbelief as the scene rolled out. To my left side, a stage featuring Blair and shining colours was placed in front of palm trees. She was currently singing a duet with Jordan, something that attracted many couples.

To my right a lengthy, white-clothed table stood, piles of food and gallons of drinks all shared upon it. And in front of me, a large disco floor was placed with a stripping pole in the middle and numerous teenage girls and grown men hanging around. 

Note; avoid that disco floor at all cost, I thought. What kind of twisted party was this? We weren't even eighteen. I wasn't even sure that Ashley even knew some of these people that looked like drug addicts. If my mum knew what Ashley Holdfar's parties were like, she would have Ashley's parents fired immediately.

The thought tempted me, but a way older guy "accidently" bumping into me freaked me out. I gritted my teeth and went over to the sides and promptly sat on one of the white chairs. I shouldn't have worn this revealing dress. It was the one Chanel, Harper and Ashley that had quickly sold it to me at Supre. It was super short and tight, only falling to just below my butt.

It was sleeveless, the cut revealing some of my upper breasts. It sparkled spectacularly, gathering the attention of many strangers. And it didn't help that people were throwing weird looks at me. I had a feeling Mother only let me wear this because I had thrown an over-sized hoodie over it and she was busy on the phone.

'Hey, hun,' said a familiar voice. Chanel walked into view, her white, short, Greek-style dress billowing out behind her in the wind. looking as confident and rich as ever. Golden hoops dangled from her ears, her dark hair tumbling down in elegant braids and curls.

Golden bracelets and a Prada purse adorned her tan, fragile arms which were on her hip. Her forest eyes glanced up and down at me, clearly evaluating my outfit. But it was okay. I was used to it. A smirk graced her lips, but disappeared as fast as lightning.