Chapter 5 ~ Earth

the school ^^^ (ignore the gardens, they aren't the real thing), but yes the school is near the beach.

Your POV 

'Good morning Mother and Father,' I called out as I walked slowly down the marble staircase, and into the Grand Hall. Sleek, white, concrete walls went up higher than the ceiling usually should be, reaching to about two stories in height.

Flowers, plants and succulents were hung across the Grand Hall in a colour coordination of nice, cool colours, making the Grand Hall even more grander and modern.

Father was positioned at the head of the table, Mother sitting directly opposite him on the elegant, white-washed table that could fit around twenty four people, even though there was only four people in our family.

Across the walls more modern art and sculptures were featured and a large, stained window bearing the family emblem completed the scenery as a backdrop behind everything. A long, plush, velvet couch stretched across the whole length of the only window in the room, but it took up the whole wall.

I hurriedly brushed my hair, leaving it flowing down, but tying a chunk at the front in a simple waterfall braid.

'Good morning (y/n),' both Mother and Father greeted me in unison. 'Blair's here as well, remember.'

'Great,' I muttered sarcastically. I smoothed out the grey school dress with a light purple checker pattern that fell just above my knee. A lilac blazer with my school's emblem was worn over the dress, adding a more fashionable yet snobby look to the uniform, which was completed by a set of black heels over a ankle-length white sock. 'Morning Blair.'

'Morning, (y/n),' Blair glared at me from across the table as I sat down. Her long, dyed brown to blonde ombrè hair cascaded down her back and she donned an expensive two piece set which consisted of summer shorts with a pale blue gingham print and a matching strapless crop top. 'Oh. You're still in school, huh? Too bad for you. Jordy and I are going down to Marley beach today, you know, to get that hot tan.'

Jordy, was Blair's celebrity boyfriend, but his real name is Jordan. They met at the fashion Met Gala three months ago and started dating almost immediately. Ever since then they've recorded a few tracks together like Meant Together and This is Forever (those tracks seem cringy, and they very much are).

Personally, I think Jordan is quite nice and funny, and that he doesn't deserve to be with Blair. I don't get what he sees in that plastic woman who dropped out of school when she was only fifteen.

'Good for you,' I replied, helping myself to a pile of waffles and sausages. 'Any important news today, Father?'

As soon as those words left my mouth the ringtone of Father's phone echoed throughout the mansion. He picked it up frowning, before suddenly stand up, waving at the rest of us and dashing off to the front porch.

'Sorry, (y/n) darling, your Father is very busy today,' Mother stepped in. 'Even though it's only seven thirty in the morning, it's one thirty over in Russia and apparently an astronaut went missing on a very important mission. As you know, CSIRO and the Russian's RRSC have been working together on an extremely complicated topic to do with space.

'And as you know, space is one of the departments your Father is in charge of, so it falls into his lap. I'm not in the space department as I work with technologies and healthcare, so I have no idea what they're working on. All I know is that a Russian man by the name of Georgi Dobrovolski, 28, has gone missing near the new founded Basuto constellation, near the Andromeda galaxy.' 

'Oh, I said quietly, realization dawning on me. 'That means Father has to go to Russia.'

'Yes, it does,' Mother smiled. 'I'm glad you picked that up quickly. Blair, I thought you were supposed to have graduated from college?'