Chapter 2 ~ Beyblade Realm

Shu's POV 

I slung the brown-buckled bag over my shoulder, kicking off from the gravel as the wind flew by. I yawned, trying to shake all of the sleep from my head. The cold, stale bread smeared with butter didn't help much. That would teach me for getting up too late to make pancakes.

I frowned as a couple of squeals filled my ear, coming from all different directions. I plunged on faster, going further down the road before they came in sight. A couple of girls in that group had posters that screamed my name, some had matching red bikes to mine, others had dyed their hair white, some even red, blue, white and yellow in honor of the Supreme Four.

But the worst one, oh this one was the worst, was the loud girl with bright pink hair with a white streak, silvery eyes and an outfit bearing the same exact colours I wore. Basically, she wore the exact same thing as me, except her top was cropped and instead of trousers, she donned a black pleat skirt and white Adidas shoes over sky-high pink socks. Nariko Kaiya. The leader of a so-called official fan society called the 'I love Shu Kurenai Society'. 

Every morning they would try and catch on my way to school, begging for autographs and photos. Once they even broke into school, desperate to meet me. They were banned from the school premises forever by Principal Shinoda.

I know some people think I'm absurd to not want fans, but honestly it's a waste of everyone's time. Fans go out of their way to please the person, not caring about their own life or about the person's feelings.

Thump.

I hissed in anger as somebody slapped a piece of paper onto my back, containing everyone's numbers. I ripped the paper of the back, trampling on it as I cycled into a narrow alley way where only one person could fit through, not big enough for the entire society. I raced out of the cobblestones and garbage bags, immediately hit by day light again.

'Wait for me, Shu!' called out a voice. I rolled my eyes. Out of the whole 483 members that had chased me this morning, Nariko had to be the one to catch up to me. She must've grabbed a red bike off another member, because in no time a giggle echoed in my ear and I knew she must've caught up with me. I looked up to see Nariko smiling, her gray eyes sparkling with happiness.

'Can't outrun me that easy, Shu,' smirked Nariko, still giggling. I rolled my eyes.

'I wasn't running. I'm on a bike,' I explained briefly, speeding up a little before falling back. 

'Oh! Nothing ever gets past you, huh?' grinned Nariko as we turned around a corner, wind whipping our hair. 'Anyways, today I needed to chase you.'

'Really?' I glared at her. 'It seems like you need the chase me every single day of a week, stalker. For what, an autograph? A photo? Merch? What is it that you want?'

'Hmph!' grunted Nariko, sticking her nose up in the air, offended. 'I'm not that needy.'

'Sure you aren't,' I replied, sarcasm dripping from my words. 'Anyways, shouldn't you be at school or something?'

'That's the thing, Shu!' beamed Nariko. I groaned internally, knowing whatever was coming wasn't good. 'I am going to school! At least, I'm going there with my favorite person in the whole world!'

'I'm flattered, honestly,' I rolled my eyes again, but then something clicked in my head and my heart dropped. 'But does that mean that you are going to...Beigoma Academy?'

'Ha! See, this is why girls love you so much. You're such a genius. A hot one too,' laughed Nariko. 'I'll see you at school!'

She sped off into the distance, not even bothering to stick with me as I stopped my bike, processing this new piece of information. Nariko joining Beigoma Academy? Great, this would be like living hell...

------------- time skip ~ 

It was afternoon at school, and I was just about to head into sixth period, science. I half-expected to die from hearing loss as I entered the plain class room, but there still wasn't any sign of Nariko.

I let out a sigh of relief. I haven't seen her since we rode together on our way to school, and even though we're in the same grade, she still hasn't made an appearance yet. I wasn't complaining though; no, on the contrast I was quite happy. 

I took my seat in the second row, fourth from the left, right in the middle. I tapped my pen while waiting for the teacher, Mrs Tanaka, to come in. A familiar voice cut through my thoughts, and I was met looking a tall, blonde, boy, decked out in expensive purple clothes and leather boots, his voice arrogant and spoilt.

'Hey, Shu,' Wakiya said, demanding my attention. I blinked and turned around the face him. 'I met one of your fangirls today. Narito, Naruko, or something like that? Well, watch out. She's kinda obsessed with you. I heard her saying something about you coming over to her house. Is that true?'

I almost vomited when I heard that. 'Obviously. Not. Seriously, she's the most annoying person in the whole entire world. I can't believe that so many people joined her society. You know, that fan club one. I hate them so much. They're practically stalkers. And don't even get me started on how many time they've-'

'Excuse me, Mr Kurenai, but I would like to start my lesson,' Mrs Tanaka interrupted. I nodded and apologized quickly. She leaned forward, looking over the top of her black frames, inspecting me. 'Are you alright? You seem a little...uptight. And talking loudly and disrespectfully in my class? That's not like you.'

'I'm fine. Honestly,' I added when she still looked suspicious. 'I can deal with my own problems.'

Her face broke into a smile. 'Glad to hear that. Anyways, attention class!' Mrs Tanaka snapped her fingers, jolting everyone awake. Her smile widened at the shocked faces around the class. She shuffled some paper, bent down and grabbed a thick, musty old book with leather bounds.

A blue circle covered with odd green shapes and people took up the front page. Shinwa, I realized. The name of the planet I lived on. But something was different. The people walking across the green land weren't like normal people.

They were so...precise. With detail and everything. So hard to tell emotions and the parents were so strict. No, I realized. This wasn't Shinwa. And the people walking around on the land weren't Animes, like everyone living on Shinwa. No, they were humans. That meant the planet was...Earth. 

-----------------

the next chapter will still be in the beyblade realm, sorry x

REMEMBER...VOTE...COMMENT...SHARE!!!!

Word count: 1140