Chapter 18 ~ Both

Your POV 

Three days had passed after Ashley's birthday.

And nothing had changed. 

I had decided to come to school today and face the music. For the past four days, I had been faking sick to avoid school. But the social was tomorrow and I couldn't spend the rest of my days hiding. Rumors of Jordan and Blair's scandal seemed to have seeped out to the whole school, probably over social media. I tried my best to hide my face whenever I saw the scandal plastered all over on magazines. But the damage was done. 

Sighing, I stepped into the school grounds. A few students threw judging looks my way. Word of me being a "slut" had also been spilled. I was early, thank goodness. Not much people were at school, and if they were, they were scattered all over the grounds. All the Elites usually come late anyways. I trudged my way over to my home class, and the lights were already on. Stopping, my eyebrows pressed together. Our home class teacher Mrs Gould usually doesn't come this early. 

'And then Blair was like, "you're no sister of mine." It was so exciting to hear those words from Blair to (y/n)! Imagine the publicity and gossip from not only Sydney, but the whole world!'

The sickeningly chirpy voice of Ashley floated out into the dimly lit corridor. Her voice was all cheerful and sweet, but I knew better than that. A slight cold edge to her voice was always there, haunting her words. My heart froze in shock, but it also seemed to be pounding against my chest. I heard the familiar laughter of Chanel, Harper and...Layla. I tried my best to swallow the lump in my throat, but it stuck there, unmovable. Those four and me were the ultimate inner circle of Elites. Everyone knew it. The hierarchy of the school was so painfully obvious, even the teachers had a clue about it. At the bottom, it was the classroom loners and anime freaks like Hannah Mitchell. Then the nerds. Then people constantly preoccupied with helping out the environment and playing musical instruments. Then the people who had potential in Elites, but were just too poor. Ashley should've been placed in that section. Anyways, it then goes into the Elites, all of us pretty, cool and rich. If we weren't pretty, we were beautiful, hot or cute. Then above the Elites were my friendship group, made up of the top 11 Elites. Then in the inner circle of our group were Ashley, me, Harper, Chanel and Layla. Then me, Chanel and Layla. Or so it used to be. Now it was kind of Harper, Ashley and Chanel. Layla and I had kind of been shunned out. And we had no idea at the time. And on top of everyone, wearing the title of "Queen Bee" and acting like a crown was on her head, was Chanel. Even though she had hurt me beyond imagination, I still cared for her. And I knew things she didn't. Like how Ashley could be so sneaky. Ashley's endgame was probably to somehow push Chanel aside and claim the crown of the school. Even if she was poor. It was time for me to step up. I was going to reclaim my friends. Confidently, I started walking up to the classroom, chin held high. 

Ashley's reign of terror was ending today.

---------------------------

Shu's POV 

It was finally the day.

All the preparations was leading up to this. I began to walk confidently to the aircraft, my suitcase already on board. As I was walking up the ramp, a shiver of excitement ran down my spine, tingling my body. I grinned. Normally I would be sleepy as it was only 5:30am, but today was different. The excitement and thrill of visiting a mythical place, another realm had extinguished the sleepiness. I was going to a place nobody had been before. 

As I walked across to the meeting area for early breakfast, servants bustled in and out of the kitchens, a delicious smell wafting through the cool air. A plain white corridors was alive with excitement, Dr. Tarver jiggling around exhilaration so much that Gold Eye had to calm him down.