Responsibility

Khushi heard the bathroom door getting closed. She tried to open her eye but as she was too stressed to get up and her body ache taking over her nerves was making it all the more difficult for her to wake up so she planned to sleep for a few more minutes.

She tossed and turned. A nagging pain in her back was not letting her sleep peacefully. She fluttered her lashes and adjusted her sight. Yawning like a kid and she smuggled inside her cozy duvet and closed her eyes to relax a bit more.

**

Opening the door he saw the same sight, which he saw yesterday. His cute little wife sleeping on the couch. Her hair a little messed up, her cheeks turned due to some rashes, which might have happened due to his stubbles being rubbed against her delicate skin. Her legs still curled up. And her face seemed to be little pale.

He threw the towel on the bed and come near her. "she was having fever yesterday. And I? god, how could I do it like that with her when she was not well? That bloody Mrs Gupta will not let me live peacefully. Waise bhi as if I care. But she is a kid after all. I should have been a little more considerate", he thought.

He came near her and picked her up in his arms.

"Arnav ji?" she flinched by his touch.

Somehow she did not like his touch she did not know why. Maybe she was under some shock after yesterday's act so her body was rejecting his touch.

Sensing her uneasiness he made her sit on the bed.

"how are you?"

"Erm! I am' Erm! I am fi'.ne" she stammered not able to meet his eyes.

He tried to check her temperature but Khushi unconsciously moved back. "I am fine Arnav ji".

"you can rest if you want to" without further interrogation he said and got up from the bed only to get stopped by her.

She held his hand and looked at him sheepishly.

"Can I get a hug from you Arnav ji?" she asked him still not looking at him

Arnav sat on the bed and waited for her.

Khushi nervously slid her arms around him and rested her head on his shoulders.

"you need something?"

"you" she answered clutching him more towards her.

Arnav slowly slid the duvet and exposed her milky skin. His eyes fell on the bruises that he gave her yesterday night.

He hugged her and covered both of them with the duvet.

"Arnav ji!"

"hmm!"

"woh''''.."

"kya Khushi?" he asked caressing her hair

"actually'"

no matter how much she tried but she just couldnot get herself to tell him that he has hurt her a lot physically yesterday. She felt shy, she was scared, she just couldnot.

"I am hungry", she said

Arnav just couldnot help but to smile. He broke the hug and cupped her face.

Khushi bit her lips and said "you look cute when u smile Arnav ji" with that she kissed his nose.

"Can I get a kiss on my lips?" he demanded

"sure" she literally jumped on him and kissed him with a chuckling sound and then nuzzled her nose with him lingering her face on him caressing his face.