We Connect

Just when his eyes felt tired and he drifted to sleep, he sensed some moments again. It is Khushi who came up to her husband once again unable to find warmth in her hospital bed. Arnav slowly whispered "come" and held her hand. Khushi gave him the most gorgeous smile of acknowledgement and bit her lips then slid down beside her devil husband, whom she was making all effort to prove him her prince charming. Whole night Arnav slept taking Khushi in his arms, giving her warmth to comfort her and Khushi like a baby curled up against Arnav's chest kept on breathing deep. Arnav could make out from her breath that she was relaxed and her sleep was deep. Arnav kept his hand in safe place and made sure in no ways she get an impression that he was taking an opportunity of their closeness. He never tried also, in fact he tried maintaining the minimum distance which was requited.

He kissed her in between her hair, just like he always did and smuggled up crashing her with him but politely. He could sense her smiling feeling him around. Arnav slowly closed his eyes feeling tired after so many days and drifted off to sleep.

**

Khushi was the first one to open her eyes when the sun penetrated in her room, making the atmosphere bright and happy. Last two days it had been constantly rainy and gloomy, but the morning was like a new beginning of her life. The rising sun, that brought her husband back with her. Right beside her, holding her and caring for her.

She slowly looked at her husband who was sleeping with his mouth open, just like a baby and she giggled loving to watch her husband like an innocent kid sleeping in his mother's arms. Khushi slid her arms and circled him to take him more close to her and kiss him lovingly on his cheeks arms a deep breath from Arnav. As if he waited for that kiss to happen. Khushi traced her husband's face and admired, slowly tracing his lips she whispered "i'.love'.you Arnav ji", she chuckled, "a lot", feeling shy she bit her lips.

Still resting her head comfortably on her husband's chest she looked through the window to find the smiling sun. She looked closely towards the sun and suddenly she imagined her father's face smiling towards her. As if her father was standing right in front of the window and witnessing her daughter receiving the desired warmth and care from his husband. His expression was proud, proud of his daughter for fighting her own battle and making his man in her arms his, melting him according to her and winning him back in her life.

"dad" she whispered almost gulping down the lump that formed thinking about her dad and the moment she called him, as if he heard her, the sun rays became brighter and fell on the cuddling couple as if her father was blessing them both with his warmth.

Arnav winced a little, crumbling his eyebrows and tried to avoid the light which fell on his face. Khushi sensing his discomfort adjusted her head in such a way that it blocked the sun from disturbing her sleeping husband.

She kept on looking at the window, imagining her father's face when an unknown tear slipped down and touched arnav's chest.

What a sun's ray couldnot do a wife's tear did, he woke up and that to panicking a bit.

"Khushi!" he slightly jerked ahead trying to know where she exactly is then relaxed back on the pillow finding her lying in his chest. He traced her cheeks with his hand and wiped her tears.

"What happened?" he asked her urgently, "is everything alright?"

Khushi kept quiet trying to gather herself, trying not to show her weaker side towards her husband.

"you are freaking me out Khushi, why are you crying? Are you'.", he chocked, ''are you bleeding? Is it paining?" Arnav asked still lying in the same position not able to understand what to do. The bell was attached with the bed not with the sofa, so to call the nurse he have to get up and then press the calling bell and it was not possible at that moment when Khushi was on top of him.