Chapter 2

Matt had barged in and asked if Edd could help him move his mirrors, so Edd kissed your cheek and stood to help Matt. You watched a few minutes of TV before someone knocked on your door.

Opening the door, it was Tom who knocked. He smiled at you.

"Hey!" He said, and you suddenly realized your name sounded good on his tongue. Almost as good as when Edd said it. "I just bought a new game - 'Zombie Attack: Z Nation.' Wanna try it out?" He held up the game, and it looked pretty awesome.

"Sure dude! Lemme get some snacks." You said.

You and Tom had been playing for an hour, and the two of you had slowly inched toward each other. By now he was right next to you, thigh pressed by yours. The sound of Edd and Matt talking outside made Tom shift away, and you reminded yourself again not to be disappointed, that Tom was just a friend and that no matter how hot he was, you had Edd. Your beautiful boyfriend. You loved him.

Edd and Matt walked in, Matt talking about his new boyfriend. Edd nodded and smiled, but when he saw you and Tom, alone on the couch, still a bit too close, he asked Matt if he should go call his boyfriend.

"Oh, I should! We've only spoken over phone three times today!"

Tom paused the game and turned to Edd, looking a bit worried but still smiling.

"Hey, man. Wanna play?" He asked Edd.

Edd shook his head.

"I'd actually like to talk with them." He looked at you. "Or are you busy with this?"

"Oh, no. We can play later, right, Tom?"

Tom nodded and smiled at you before waving at Edd and leaving.

"What were you guys doing?" Edd sat down on the couch and looked at you.

"Playing a new game? That's all." You twisted your hands and looked up at him. The guilt from two days ago returned.

"Then why do you look like that?" He asked. His eyes narrowed and you swallowed.

"Because you're making me nervous?"

Edd stared at you for a minute before sighing.

"Sorry. I'm sorry. I've been weird the past few days. I just feel so scared you're gonna leave me." He reached over for your hand and you leaned and kissed him.

You fell into bed at 9:00, and received a text from Matt as soon as you got comfy. You opened it up and started to respond.

Hey! I just want you to know your secret is safe!

matt what secret

That you like Tim!

1. its tom 2. i love edd

You can still like Tom!

You got nervous, and made sure Edd wasn't coming upstairs.

matt if ur gonna pretend i like tom dont talk abt it around edd? he'd be weird.

Ah okay!!! Nighty night!

night matt

You sighed and plugged your phone in to charge, and promptly fell asleep.

You woke up at 3:00 AM. You sat up and looked at Edd, who, after a moment, opened his eyes.

"Babe?" His voice was groggy. "Everything alright?"

"Yeah." You sighed and laid back down, and he turned on his side and pulled you by his chest. And that's how you fell asleep again, wrapped in his embrace.