Chapter 6

You pulled on a shirt and some shorts, grabbed your hoodie, and kissed a sleeping Edd before running out to Tom's car. He was fiddling with the aux cord and when you got in the car he started some music and smiled at you.

"Hey, dude. Ready?" He started the car and looked behind him.

"Hell yeah. Donuts?" You buckled in and looked over, smiling.

"Sure. Anything for you." Tom said. You couldn't help but blush as you started towards the donut shop.

"Uh. Get some plain glazed. And some chocolate!" You smiled at Tom and he nodded, turning to the cashier to request the donuts. You carried the box carefully as you two returned to the car.

The other people in Tom's band were pretty cool. They all appreciated the donuts. Callie, the drummer, let you look at her drum set. And as it turns out, the band manager was also the guitarist; Stephen, a cool guy in a button up.

Tom played bass and sang, to your surprise. When the band all got on stage, he sang the low notes as Ramona, the lead singer, sang high. The stage lights got darker and then brightened, hitting Tom's cheekbones perfectly. The voids where his eyes would be didn't reflect any light but he looked heavenly. Lights and music twisted around him. The songs hit in your gut, especially the cover of 'I Wanna Be Yours'.

You tried to look at Ramona or Callie, but Tom eventually stole your attention. The pangs of longing you felt were stronger than the guilt.

You and Tom were sitting backstage and laughing at dumb stories Stephen told you. Ramona was currently calling her girlfriend and trying to quiet Callie down. After half an hour, you looked at your phone and nudged Tom.

"Hey, it's three. Wanna grab lunch?" You put your phone in your bag and looked at him.

"Sure." Tom said, grabbing your hand and pulling you up off the couch. Stephen raised his eyebrows at the two of you holding hands, but he said nothing. Thank god, you thought.

The small diner was pretty full, but you and Tom managed to get a seat and be served your food pretty quickly. You both discussed his band, what was happening in the USA, and new movies. You felt your heart drop every time he laughed.

You two drove back to the apartments in silence, and when you parked you felt him staring at you. You turned and stared right back, sorta feeling like the luckiest person in the world.

Edd was in the kitchen and looked up at you when you walked in. He smiled and stood, and you considered waving him off to go to bed. But he looked so sweet and you had to hug him. You kissed his shoulder and went to bed.

You and Tom hung out the next two days. He was sweet and funny and knew a surprising amount of people at bars. You felt guilty and happy, dizzy and disgusted with yourself, slowly getting more into him.

Until the next month.