Chapter 12

soo maybe a few more chapters before we end? but im finna do a new fanfic so drop the ew character you want (ill do any of the 4 main boys) and any ideas for the story

Edd stood next to you, his eyes staring at the counter above you. You looked up, slightly fearful of what he would say next.

You didn't hear any sound from him for a minute, so you decided to speak.

"Hey."

Edd looked at you with a neutral expression. It was the kindest face you'd seen from him in weeks.

"Hey." He said.

"What's-"

"We need to talk."

You felt your heart quicken, and while you wanted to ignore him and hide, you knew you had to talk with him.

"Yeah. Okay."

Edd sighed softly.

"I'm going to tell Matt we're heading over to o-my place."

You nodded and went to stand by the door.

You walked back into the apartment you once shared with Edd, and the memory of the night you were last here stopped your breath for a second. Edd shut the door behind you and you sat on the couch. Edd sat in the chair next to you.

It was silent for a few minutes, and then Edd sighed shakily.

"So. Did you... speak to Tom?" he started.

"Yeah. Uh. We said we - we weren't going to do anything. We decided not to really hang out for a while."

Edd nodded slowly.

"And do you still..."

"No. I'm don't, uh, like him anymore."

Edd's eyes seemed less sad at that. But he still looked rather heartbroken, and he turned to look at the floor.

"Edd, I'm so sorry. I," you looked at him and had to hold back tears. "I know you're probably really angry still. You have a right to be. And I know you might not ever forgive me. But I'm really, really sorry, and anything I can do to make you happy again, I'll do." A tear started running down your cheek, and you wiped it away. "Even if it means never talking to you again, if that's what you want, I'll do it."

Edd's head shot up, and he looked you in the eyes as you finished speaking. He immediately stood up and sat next to you on the couch, and you sniffled and let a few tears go. Edd said your name and his hand hovered over yours.

"What on earth makes you think I'd want that?" He set his hand on yours and softly said your name again. "I love you. I still do, and I know you're sorry, and it was unfair to forgive Tom before you." He gently rubbed circles on your hand. "I don't know how you feel, but-"

"Edd, I love you so much, I'll do anything for you. Please, if you can, give me another chance."

Edd moved, leaned in, and put his hands on the side of your face. You sniffled again and looked into his eyes, heart beating faster. Is he going to forgive me? Are we-

Edd kissed you, tentatively. You kissed back gently, and when he shifted and deepened the kiss you put your hands on his, still resting on your cheeks.

After a minute, you felt him pull away. You opened your eyes, and Edd was staring at you so lovingly you almost cried again.

You opened your mouth.

"Edd- do you- do you want to go out with me? Sometime?" He chuckled and you felt fear strike your heart.

"Love, we don't have to start over. We can just pick back up. You can move back in if you want, even."

You slowly grinned and he smiled back.

"Can I kiss you again?"

Edd grinned and leaned in again. You tangled your hands in his hair, and leaned back on the couch, and smiled as he kissed you again.