Chapter 7

You put your breakfast plate away and texted Tom to let him know you were coming over soon. Edd wasn't up yet, so you walked back into your room and changed out of your pajama pants and pulled on some clothes. You heard Edd say your name and turned around, smiling at him.

"Good morning, Edd." you said, walking over to his side of the bed. He looked incredibly handsome at the moment, having just woken up. Mussed up hair, half-lidded eyes, baggy t-shirt. You were struck by the thought that again, you loved him. You sat on his lap over the blankets and hugged him.

"I love you." Edd murmured in a gravelly voice as he rested his head on yours. You smiled and kissed his neck.

"I love you too. So much. But you have an animation to do, right?"

Edd groaned, which was nice to hear, but you pulled out from under his head and stood up. You started walking to the door when you heard him say your name again. Edd stared up at you from where he had laid down again.

"Where are you going? We can just sleep more, I can spare another hour."

You flicked your eyes to the side and stood still.

"I'm off to see Tom for a while."

Edd sat up.

"Why?"

"I've been helping him write song lyrics for his band."

Edd was still for a second. Then he pushed off the covers and got up, walking over to you and stopping a few feet away. He said your name, so you looked at him.

"You're spending an awful lot of time with Tom." You bit your lip, and he stepped towards you. "I don't mean to sound jealous. I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Oh, no, I'm okay. He just told me that his band is trying to get an album made, and he needs to write more songs." You smiled at him. Edd smiled back.

"Well, that's good! I guess I better let you go help him, then. Just be back by five, I wanted to see this new movie tonight."

"Alright! I love you."

"I love you, too!"

So you grabbed your hoodie and walked out the door.

You set down your bag right beside Tom's door and smiled at the man who walked out and grinned at you.

"Hey! Come on in, I'm just cleaning up from breakfast."

"Cool! I have some new song ideas, and I don't know if you wanted to write a love song, or-"

"That sounds perfect. Love songs are really popular, y'know."

"Yeah, that's why I had some ideas for a few."

You and Tom sat at the kitchen table, and he was typing as you both thought out loud. He finished the last line for a song about two girls in love (a very sweet, happy song) and leaned back.

"How about a song where the singer compares his girlfriend to seasons?" Tom says.

"A song where its two dogs in love."

"A song about one guy in love with a girl who doesn't know it."

"A song where a girl loves a guy who doesn't know it." You giggled and turned away from Tom, looking at the paper.

Tom paused.

"A song where the guy has a crush on his best friend's girlfriend."

The world slowed, and then you snapped back to the moment. You flushed and immediately knew what he meant. You looked at him in the corner of your eye to see he was staring at you, blushing. This was bad, this was very wrong.

But you couldn't stop yourself from saying what you said next.

"A song where a girl has a crush on her boyfriend's best friend."

Tom's voided eyes widened. He stared at you, and you stared back. You turned your head towards him. He kept looking at you, and he slowly leaned in. You didn't lean in, but - you didn't pull away. Eventually Tom was right in front of you. He glanced at your eyes, your lips, and back to your eyes. You lost your breath.

He kissed you.

You shut your eyes, and for a second you just thought about Tom. But then Edd smiling at you flashed before you and your eyes opened wide. You pulled away and caught your breath, and Tom just stared at you.

Then you both looked each other in the eyes, and Tom immediately flushed again.

"Fuck. Oh, fuck." Tom said your name and it didn't cause butterflies this time, just panic. "I'm so sorry. I didn't- I'm sorry-"

You stood up and felt the panic sear through you. Oh shit. You mumbled out that you had to leave and walked to the door, grabbing your bag and stumbling through the door.

You set your bag down beside the couch in your  and Edd's shared apartment. Edd. Your boyfriend. The boyfriend you just betrayed, oh fuck-

"Hey!" Edd stepped out of the kitchen and smiled at you.