Chapter 4

He had you pushed up against the wall, your arms around his neck. You leaned in, whispering his name.

"Wake up, sleepy head."

You opened your eyes, looking around. Edd sat in his desk chair, smiling at you. The dream, which you knew had been about Tom, came back. Your face must have been upset and not guilty, because he frowned.

"Edd, I don't feel good. Let me stay in bed today?" You groaned.

Edd's face shifted into worry and he nodded.

"Yeah. I've gotta go out with Matt to the mall but I'll be back soon, okay?"

" 'Course, honey."

"I love you." He said, kissing your forehead.

"Love you too."

You woke up again, and immediately remembered your dreams. In all of them, you'd had to choose between Edd or Tom. Which confused you, because while you admitted you had a crush on Tom, you would never leave Edd. He was your everything.

Bzzt!

You looked over at your phone, and saw it buzzing. Tom had texted you.

hey, feeling ok?

yeah im better

k cool because i have a new movie to watch

come on over

You put your phone down and groaned. Why did you invite him over? Edd would know you lied about feeling sick.

"Fuck." You whispered to yourself.

You got up and pulled shorts on and went to brush your teeth and hair. Once done with the necessary hygiene, you went to the couch and sat down, drinking a Sprite.

Tom soon knocked on the door, and you smiled as he walked in.

"Hey, dude. Ready to watch?" He said, standing by the couch. You nodded and he set everything up, flopping back onto the couch with his arm over the back of the couch. You glanced at his lips and turned towards the movie.

The movie ended, and as it did, you realized that Tom's arm had gone around you and you were closer to him than before. You quickly got up to take out the DVD and turn on a random daytime channel. Tom stood and rubbed the back of his neck as you handed him the DVD case.

"Uh, sorry about getting so close to you." He said, blushing.

"Oh! It's okay." You smiled and sat down on the couch, and Tom checked his phone.

"Uh, I have band practice. Steven wants to meet before the new gig. So I gotta go?" He said, black eyes squinting up nervously.

"Yeah, that's okay. Edd is coming home soon anyway and I said we could chill."

Tom nodded and waved at you, walking out and shutting the door.

The door opened to your room and you shifted, looking over at Matt.

"Hey, man. What's up?" You yawned and sleepily blinked.

"Edd asked me to check on you! So I came over here. And now I've checked on you."

"Yeah, you have."

Matt paused, and you looked away. Thoughts of Tom and the two of you alone ate at your mind.

"Do you really not like Tom?"

You quickly looked over and sat up, eyes going wide and face warm.

"Wh...What?" You twisted your fingers and furrowed your brows.

Matt smiled a bit.

"So you do like him!" He exclaimed.

"Matt! I have a boyfriend! Edd! Remember?"

Matt laughed and you twisted your mouth.

"You can still like Tom, silly." Matt giggled your name. "What's the big deal?"

"The big deal is that I have a boyfriend but that doesn't seem to stop me from liking Tom!" Fuck. You covered your mouth, gasping.

Matt's smile widened, but dropped suddenly.

"What will you do?" Matt looked at you and cocked his head.

"Fuck, man, I don't know! I love Edd with all my heart. I would never hurt him! Cheating on him would kill us both! Edd is soft and warm and he's reliable!"

Matt walked over and rubbed your back, nodding. You covered your eyes.

"But Tom is so different! He's rough and in a band and handsome and smart and nice to me and me only! He treats me like I'm important to him!"

"Does Edd act like you're important?" Matt asked you.

"Yes! But I always know what he's going to do, or say. It's so predictable! And I'm okay with that! I just want something a bit different!

Matt nodded, and you both sat in silence for a bit, until the front door opened.