Chapter 13

You woke up in Edd's bed. Actually, it was your bed too, once again. The soft sheets you had picked out with Edd a year ago felt warm against your bare chest, and you turned to the side and saw a sight that filled you with happiness - Edd, shirtless, asleep next to you on his stomach, softly snoring and one arm draped around you. You stared at his relaxed face for a minute or two before quietly  starting to get out of bed, and just as you had sat up and moved his arm, you saw Edd shift.

He opened his eyes, looked at where his arm was, and looked at you, face breaking into a smile as he gazed up at you. You smiled back and giggled, and a surge of absolute adoration went through you. Edd flipped over onto his back and sat up, putting his arm back around your naked waist and pulling you to him. You wrapped your legs around his, pressing gentle kisses to his neck and cheek. Edd rubbed your back and buried his face in your neck, kissing you once. You knew if you didn't pull away you two would just reenact last night (not that that would be a bad thing), and though it was Saturday, you wanted to speak with Matt, explain the situation, and move your things back in. 

You pressed one last kiss to Edd's jaw and moved away, and he laughed against your neck.

"It's Saturday, love, we can spare an hour or so." He said, pulling away. 

"We spared enough hours last night," you joked, quickly turning serious again. "If you're still fine with it, I'd like to move my things out of Matt's apartment and back here."

Edd smiled softly. 

"Of course I want you to move back in. I don't think I told you, but these past three weeks were awful." You frowned and put your arms around Edd's neck, and asked him to continue. He held your waist, tracing circles on your hip, and slowly started to speak.

"I missed you so terribly. I know I asked you to leave, but I was so upset once I came back and saw all your stuff gone. I cried practically every night." He paused again. "I'm so sorry for what I said - when you came out of Tom's apartment? I know that was awful of me to imply you'd do something like that. I should have listened when you said he was the one who... who kissed you." 

"It's alright, babe. I'm still to blame for encouraging everything by hanging around him so much." You swallowed thickly. "I'm sorry, Edd. I could have spared you all that heartbreak by listening to you. But I'm so happy you're letting me have another chance. I love you, Edd."

He quickly leaned down, kissing you, and you never wanted to pull away from him again. Sadly, you had life to deal with. 

Edd pressed another, lighter kiss to your lips, and smiled lovingly at you. 

"Let's go get your things back from Matt."

--

Matt seemed to expect you two, shouting it's unlocked!, and Tom (sitting next to him watching TV) looked up slowly. They both smiled at the sight of Edd with his arm around your waist, both of you happier than you'd been in weeks. 

"Hello!" Matt sang out both your names, standing and walking towards you. You grinned at him and quickly explained you were here to get all your things. 

"So you two made up, then?" He asked, smiling slyly. 

Tom chuckled, standing. 

"Like we didn't hear them last night."

You and Edd laughed, and you smiled at Tom. 

"I actually set all your things back in their boxes last night - they're over by the kitchen. I knew when you didn't come back by ten you two had fixed things." Matt chuckled, and gestured to the kitchen. 

"Thanks, Matt. For everything, really." You separated from Edd and hugged Matt, squeezing his shoulder blades quickly before grinning at Tom. 

"Would you both mind helping us move things?" Edd asked, reaching for your hand. 

"'Course not." Tom smiled, and Matt nodded. 

"Wonderful, there are only about ten boxes." You said, squeezing Edd's hand. 

--

You placed the final shirt back in your closet, and walked out to the living room to find all three men sitting around watching TV. You smiled at them all, and sat next to Edd, quickly settling into his side as his arm wrapped around you. 

Things are back to normal, then. 

And nothing could be better.