Chapter 5

Edd walked in, holding a bag from the corner store. Matt turned to him and you moved your hands from your eyes and smiled tiredly.

"Hey, babe. I picked up some candy and juice from the corner store to help you feel better?" Edd set the bag on the desk and sat on the bed in front of you, taking your hand and rubbing circles on it. You felt like crying all of a sudden.

Matt patted your back and stood.

"I'll head out then." He said, and smiled before walking out. Edd got the bag and set out your favorite candies, and a few bottles of your favorite juice. You immediately felt a severe pang of guilt. Sure, Edd was predictable. But he knew you. He could buy you your favorite foods without asking what they were. And you had been whining about him moments earlier.

You felt pressure build up behind your eyes and let a tear run down your cheek. Edd turned to you, juice bottle in hand, and immediately set it down, sitting back on the bed.

"Oh, my god. Babe? Are you okay? Does anything hurt?"

"No. No. Fuck." You cursed, and he opened his arms. You leaned in and hugged Edd tight. He wrapped his arms around you, rubbing your back. "Edd, I'm sorry. I'm so sorry."

"What are you sorry for?" You just let put a soft sob. He hugged you tighter and kissed the side of your head. "Don't be sorry, love, you did nothing wrong."

But you had done something wrong. Shit, you had said you wanted something other than this? Something other than the man you loved holding you and comforting you? You took him for granted.

"I don't deserve you. I love you." You cried, tears wetting Edd's green hoodie. He softly told you he loved you too and asked what was wrong. You just cried into his shoulder, trying to disappear and forget feelings.

You woke up with Edd's arms around you. He snored softly and you got up, covering him with the blanket you'd been under. Your phone rang and you picked up upon seeing it was Tom.

"Hey."

"Hey," He dropped your name as if it didn't give you pangs of pain and affection whenever he said it. "Wanna hang tomorrow? I've got a band gig I want you to see, and then maybe we can go for lunch?"

"Sure. When should I be ready?"

"Ten. We can also grab donuts if needed." He chuckled lowly and for a second you forgot your boyfriend was in the other room and wanted to kiss him through the phone. Then you snapped back and let the now-familiar guilt course through you as you responded.

"Okay! Yeah, donuts sound good." You laughed. The sound of floorboards creaking came from behind you and you turned to smile at Edd.

"Cool. I'll drive us. See you then."

"See ya!" You chuckled. Tom laughed again and hung up.

You turned to Edd and wrapped your arms around his neck.

"Hi. I love you."

Edd smiled and glanced at the phone.

"Who was phoning?"

You kissed his cheek and leaned back, looking up at him. He looked back at you.

"Tom. We're hanging out tomorrow." You set the phone down and went in for another hug but he stopped you by taking your arms.

"All day?" He asked. He seemed less sleepy and more alert now.

"Just until, I don't know, three? Four? No big deal. I'll be back for dinner." You took your arms out of his hands and grabbed his hands.

"Don't let him try anything. Okay? I want you to be able to be normal around him but don't let him flirt with you." Edd looked at you seriously.

"Okay. I doubt he'll try anything anyway. Besides, babe, I'm not gonna leave you for anyone else."

Edd smiled a bit and kissed your forehead. You hummed and pushed down the guilty feeling.