Chapter 3

Edd gently shook your shoulder, waking you up. You groaned and tried to cuddle your pillow, but he just laughed.

"Babe, I made breakfast."

"Hnnh." You closed your eyes tight.

"Babe it's pancakes."

"Okay, fine. I'll get up." You sat and stretched, shirt lifting a bit. Edd smiled as you got out of bed, and you took his hand and walked into the kitchen.

You were spraying whip cream into your mouth when Edd came in, and he immediately started laughing. It seemed the jealous Edd of yesterday was gone and your sweet cola boy was back.

He took the can and sprayed whip cream on your nose, so you scream-laughed and made him open his mouth. He giggled as he swallowed the whip cream.

Edd looked at you, eyes twinkling. You set the can aside and hugged him, arms around his neck. He loved you. You loved him. And at that moment, that was all.

Edd was drawing when Tom knocked on the door. You opened it, and remembering yesterday, smiled nervously.

"Hey Tom!"

"Hey! Wanna hang out? We can just go to a bar or something."

"Sure! Let me tell Edd." You let him in and snagged your hoodie as you went into your room.

"Eddy, Tom and I are gonna hang out. We'll be back in an hour." You popped your head out of the hoodie, looking for his response.

Edd looked at you for a second before smiling a bit and nodding.

"Okay. I trust you - but should I make dinner while you're out?"

"Sure. I love you!" You waved at him and went back to Tom.

Tom laughed with you as he parked the car, and when he looked at you, you swear you saw a blush.

"Thanks for coming out. I had fun." He said, and you smiled and your face warmed up. You started to unbuckle your seatbelt when you noticed how small his car was. You were pretty packed in. He was climbing out, and you shut the door once out.

You and Tom walked close together, hands bumping together. The apartments you stayed in were on the tenth floor, and you were nervous about being in the elevator alone. No one else was out in the lobby at the moment.

Tom pressed the 10th floor button. You looked at him as he watched the floor number go up. In your slightly drunk mind, holding his hand seemed a good idea.

You heard the doors open before you made a move.

You sat on the couch. Edd was probably still up, even though it was nearly ten. You and Tom had stayed out longer than planned.

In truth, you had kissed Tom before. The night before Edd asked you out, you and Tom had gotten drunk while watching shitty movies and had kissed (a kiss full of laughter and sadness) before falling asleep next to each other.

But you had also fallen for Edd. He asked you on a date so sweetly, holding a drawing of you and stammering. You kissed him then and there. Only after he took you stargazing did you really fall in love with him, the idea of loving Tom soon forgotten.

But now you were here, thinking of kissing your boyfriend's best friend.

Shit.

Edd looked over at you when you went into your room. The poor guy looked tired but he sighed upon seeing you.

"Are you drunk?" He asked, walking towards you.

"A bit, haha." You draped yourself over his arm and reached for his cheek, giggling at his embarrassed smile. He pecked your forehead and got into bed, and you soon followed.