✧ 10 ✧

double digits woo
also, this is irrelevant, but astro hasn't had a comeback in 8 months and im so freakin upset, i miss my bbys :")

word count: 919

Jungwoo hadn't gone to school for 6 days, although two of those days included the weekend. He was too terrified of what was going to happen when he returned. Donghyuck stayed over the weekend and tried to stay for one more day, but his parents didn't allow it. But Jungwoo needed time on his own, anyways.

His phone had been blown up with texts from Lucas, saying he needs to talk, but Jungwoo blocked him after the 17th text. He didn't need his toxic ass blowing up his toxic phone.

It was Friday now, and somehow Donghyuck had convinced Jungwoo to come to school. But, he promised to sneak into every class Jungwoo was in so he could protect. Donghyuck was a true friend.

Jungwoo stared at himself in the mirror. He was glad his skin was clear, cause otherwise he'd be tossing and turning on whether he should put on concealer or not. He softly sighed before reaching for his toothbrush and toothpaste. He brushed his teeth, trying to make sure they were just white. Afterwards, he brushed and styled his hair for the second time. He walked out of the bathroom when he was done and downstairs.

"Hi, mum." He said softly.

a/n:
yes, im australian.

"Good morning, Jungwoo. Glad to see you up. Going to school?" Mrs. Kim asked, going over to her son and giving him a hug.

Jungwoo hugged back, enjoying the warmth and comfort his mother provided. She was a good mother. "Yes.. But, if I can't take it, can you come and pick me up?" He asked quietly.

"Of course, Jungwoo." Mrs. Kim smiled and nodded. She slowly moved back to look at her son. "What would you like for breakfast?"

"Oh, I'm ok." Jungwoo said, faking a smile for her. "I've got to go and I just brushed my teeth so I'll eat something at school."

His mother nodded but gave Jungwoo one more quick hug. She moved back again, gently holding his shoulders. "Call me if you need me, ok?"

"Yes, of course."

"Good. Have a good day and tell Donghyuck I said thank you for taking care of you!"

Jungwoo shook his head but smiled a little. "Ah, ok.." He mumbled, his ears turning red. "Bye, love you." He waved while he walked to the front door.

"Love you too, munchkin!"

Jungwoo rolled his eyes at the nickname and walked out. His mother was too sappy, sometimes Jungwoo didn't know how he survived in that household. He pulled his hood over his head in attempt to hide himself from anyone he encountered. He walked down the street while getting out his phone and earbuds, playing his relaxing music so he wouldn't become so tense. It wouldn't work as much as he'd like it too, though. He also texted Donghyuck to let him know he was on his way, but then shoved his phone back into his pocket along with his hands. He prayed that the day wouldn't be so bad but we all can't get what we want.

---

The second nightmare of Jungwoo's began when he first approached the school gates. He earned hundreds of glares from everyone and people started whispering to each other. Thankfully, none of them said anything to Jungwoo, but he could tell they were talking about him.

Jungwoo tugged his hoodie strings as he looked down more. His hand slid into his pocket to turn up the volume of his music so he couldn't hear anything else. He didn't want to hear anything but the sweet tunes and vocals his music provided.  He walked all the way to his locker without any interruptions, but once he looked up at his locker, he completely froze. There were pictures. Pictures of him on top of Lucas's lap, kissing him and kissing his neck. Except, Lucas's face was blurred out. Swears were scribbled onto the locker: "faggot", "whore", "slut", "disgusting", etc. 

Junwoo felt tears prickle in his eyes again, but he just sniffled and wiped them away. He tore down the photos, scrunching them up and throwing them into the nearest rubbish bin. He went back to his locker and tried rubbing away the slurs while also trying not to cry. He glanced around, luckily no one was there. He sighed and just opened his locker, placing his bag in then getting out his books and pencil case. Jungwoo closed his locker and got out a black marker, drawing over the scribbles. He pressed extremely hard onto the locker with the marker while he forced himself to not cry. Suddenly, he felt a tap on his shoulder, making him jump and quickly turn. Donghyuck stood there with a tiny sympathetic smile. Jungwoo sighed and took out his earbuds.

"Hey, Jungwoo." Donghyuck said softly before quickly hugging Jungwoo.

"Hi, Donghyuckie.." Jungwoo muttered softly. He hugged back, moving his books to the side, but sighed again as he already disliked the school day.

"How are you going?" Donghyuck asked, moving back to look at Jungwoo. "Anyone bothered you yet?

Jungwoo shrugged a little before pointing to his locker. "I guess.. Kinda.." He said softly. He stepped back and held his books properly. He stared at his locker, as well as Donghyuck. They were quiet for a second as they stared at the scribbles that barely covered all of the hideous swears.

Donghyuck shook his head and gestured Jungwoo to leave with him. "Come on, let's go to class." He said as he started to walk, Jungwoo quickly following.