✧31✧

if I made x readers, who would y'all like it to be of? id probs do renjun though lol

also I hate my writing 🤙🏻

word count: 1299

✧✧✧

Jungwoo quickly walked down the hallway, searching around for his best friend, Donghyuck. He didn't care that he felt betrayed, he just wanted his best friend to know he wasn't alone and that he had someone to lean on. Donghyuck had always been there for Jungwoo, so why can't Jungwoo be there for him?

Jungwoo walked back to Kun, Doyoung and Lucas, but none of them had seen Donghyuck yet. The male sighed and nodded. "Call me if you see him." He said before walking off. He walked around the school, lapping the hallways a couple times and checking every room. Donghyuck was either really good at hiding or not at school yet.  It was getting closer and closer until it was time for the first lass.

Jungwoo couldn't help but feel scared. He took out his phone, calling Donghyuck while still walkig around the halls. A sigh of relief left his mouth once hearing Donghyuck, his voice sounding cheerful, but fake.

"Hey, Jungwoonie." Donghyuck said.

"Hyuckie, where are you? No one has seen you and there's like 10 minutes until class starts."

A loud crunch came from the phone, like Donghyuck was eating something. "I'm 2 minutes away!" He said, his voice muffled. "I woke up late.. But I'll be there soon."

Jungwoo nodded, changing his route to the school entrance. "See you soon, Hyuckie." He hung up and put his phone away. Jungwoo still felt sympathetic, even more than before. He waited at the entrance, looking around for Donghyuck.
Once he saw him, he walked towards him. Donghyuck was smiling but Jungwoo was not. He put his arms out once they were close, pulling Donghyuck close and hugging him.

"Jungwoo?" Donghyuck asked as he carefully hugged back. "What's wrong?"

Jungwoo shook his head, holding Donghyuck tighter. "You didn't tell me about the support club." He said, a frown on his face.

Donghyuck's eyes widened, his body montarilly freezing. He wanted to pull away or get angry at whoever told Jungwoo, but instead he laid his head on Jungwoo's shoulder and hugged him tighter. "I'm sorry, Jungwoonie.." He mumbled against his shoulder as he closed his eyes. "I wanted to tell you.."

Jungwoo shook his head, gently rubbing Donghyuck's back. "It's ok, Hyuckie.. I'm sad you didn't tell me, but are you ok? I.. I found out what happened with Mark.. That's why you were crying on Friday, wasn't it? And the club is why you were never there at lunch.." Donghyuck nodded in response, a deep frown burning on his face and tears swelling in his eyes. "Hyuckie.. You absolute dummy, you know you can tell me anything, I'm your best friend." Jungwoo kept holding Donghyuck, taking care of his closest friend. He didn't mind if Donghyuck didn't speak, as long as he did later. Soft cries came from Donghyuck as he nuzzled against the male's shoulder, wiping his tears onto his shirt.

"Everything's just so scary.." Donghyuck mumbled, softly gripping onto Jungwoo. "I know what happened with you and I was scared of it."

"But you're so strong, Hyuckie." Jungwoo frowned. "You always stand up for me."

"Because you're my friends. It's easier, you're not me, it's easier to stand up for someone else."

Jungwoo sighed and shook his head. He moved back a little so he could look at Donghyuck. "I could've stood up for you. And Kun and Doyoung, even Lucas. Even strong people should be protected." He pouted but wiped Donghyuck's tears away. "As much as I wanna talk, we should get to class, ok? You can come to my house after school if you want."

Donghyuck nodded and wiped his eyes as well, took a deep breath then relaxed his posture. "Are we in the same class first?" He asked, earning a nod. "Good.. Thank you, Jungwoonie, I promise I'll tell you all about it later."

Donghyuck and Jungwoo walked into school, making a stop at the bathroom first so Donghyuck can freshen up before class. Kun was in their class too. You'd think having more friends in class would be fun, but Kun was no fun, he loved school work too much. Such a nerd. Donghyuck was quiet for a while, as expected, yet somehow the strong guy managed to perk up. It made Jungwoo happy to see how strong his best friend was.

--

Lunch came around faster than expected. Jungwoo was at his locker, putting away his books and getting out some premade lunch when he heard a knock on the other side of the locker door. He shut it to see who was on the other side. Lucas was leaning against the locker next to his, wiggling his eyebrows and his fingers as he waved. "Hey~" He said.

Jungwoo smiled and shook his head, giggling quietly at Lucas. "Hey, Lucas." He said, grabbing an apple then shutting his locker. "Why so creepy?"

"Eh? Creepy? Damn, thought I looked hot." Lucas joked as he stood up straight. The two started walking, and as they did, Lucas hooked their arms together. "So what are you doing after school?" He asked.

Jungwoo hummed, turning his head away since he couldnt help but smile. "Nothing.. Oh! Wanna come over to mine for dinner?" He asked, trying to act as if it was a random thought.

Lucas looked over at Jungwoo. "Mm, I can, but I've got homework to do." He said.

Jungwoo looked back at him, his smile being more contained. "I can help you, and my mum can drop you home if it gets late or dark."

The taller male nodded, smiling. "Sure! What are you, er, we having?" He asked as they entered the cafeteria. It was loud, like always, yet not everyone was there.

"Not sure, but probably pasta or something, my mum likes it a lot ever since she's been overseas a while ago."

The two walked in and headed for their usual seats where Kun and Donghyuck were, chatting about something and laughing. Jungwoo smiled as he saw them. "Hey, where's Doyoung?" He asked as he sat down, Lucas sitting beside him quite closely. Kun looked up, still smiling from his conversation. "Oh, he's just finishing some work, he'll be here soon." He said. Jungwoo nodded, placing his food on the table then opening a small bag of chips. He looked over at Lucas then slid the bag between them.

"Where's your food?" He asked, taking out a chip then holding it up to Lucas.

"Oh, left it at home.. Thank you." Lucas smiled as he looked at Jungwoo. He softly grabbed the male's wrist, directing it up more so he could lean forward and take the chip from his hand with his mouth. He hummed happily and used his tongue to pull the chip all the way into his mouth as he let go of Jungwoo's wrist.

Jungwoo took his hand away and chuckled at Lucas then shook his head. He saw Kun and Donghyuck continue their conversation, so his attention went back to Lucas as he moved closer, their knees just touching. He moved his food closer as well so they could share his lunch. Jungwoo looked around the cafeteria as they ate, observing what all their class mates were up to at lunch. He felt a tap on his shoulder from the side and looked over, seeing Lucas smiling at him. Lucas tapped his own shoulder then gently wrapped his arm around Jungwoo's shoulder, gently guiding his head onto his shoulder. Jungwoo blushed but snuggled into Lucas and kept eating.

Jungwoo kept thinking of what his mother said, about asking Lucas out. He wanted to, and he was happy he had the support, but to him it seemed too scary. However, moments like that made him more confident.