One.

|Khalid

|Khalid.|

I always pictured my life like the movies, white picket fence type shit. You know, mom and dad together, big happy family. Proud parents with children that bicker occasionally but for the most part they're "Well behaved" and "Well mannered".

Good grades, graduate with honors, only struggle I'd know is, which college I was going to attend. Happy, Established, and Successful. Something to brag about to my kids when I found my perfect husband.

My life was nothing like that, Not one detail was relate-able.

Well, somewhat I graduated, but thats only because school was my escape from the hell I went through at home.

Luckily for me, my grades got me a full scholarship to GSU because without that college would of been just another fantasy. Thank god for the hell that I earned a small piece of heaven.

Something to get my mind off reality, a reality that began my lifestyle I live today. My reality where I was taught that you get what you want by using what you got.

Words from my own mother..

Daddy was never there, so she was my only role model. A drunk whose only way of showing affection was through the men she let come into her daughters room at night. Some idol right?

My sick and twisted take on reality, was the older I got the less it bothered me. It became normal, like chores or homework. Something I expected and knew I had to do.

I used to think maybe I deserved this life, maybe this was the way things were suppose to be.

Then I met him.. And he tried to save me, but he was the one that needed saving.

He was tall, smooth carmel skin, pretty teeth. He was perfect. He was my everything. He loved me, all of me... He loved me for being me, unapologetically.

He didn't care about my past or my present, he just wanted me, mentally before physically.

He was different, other men took from me and used me. Like I was a door mat, laid me down and walked all over me. But not him, he made me laugh, smile, dream.. He freed me, the me that was lost under all the pain and weight I was carrying with me.

But Erykah didn't lie when she said, "One day all those bags gon get in your way."

I didn't deserve him, but he looked at me as the prize. And that he wasn't worthy..

I'm just another girl with a story, I don't want sympathy. This is the path that chose me and now I own it.

But to get to my present I gotta relive my past and this is an important part. The day I got away from the fire just to burn everything I came in contact with.

So let's skip through the long draw out details so we can get caught up.

We were young, young and in love. Real love.
We fell so fast.. but all good things come to an end right?