11.

"I'll see you tomorrow right?" Oliver questions, stopping halfway through the threshold of the door

"I'll see you tomorrow right?" Oliver questions, stopping halfway through the threshold of the door. His voice skeptical due to the event that went on earlier this evening. He places his hand on the door, halting the hinges and the pushing movements coming from Amy's arm.

His deep brown eyes search hers for an answer, which is quite delayed.

"I don't know, Oliver. Y-you took it a step too far..." Amy finally answers, tucking her hair behind her right ear, her hunter green eyes averting down, then back up; her irises fill with a pinch of resentment and anger.

"Babe, I'm sorry," he says, stepping forward back into the house. "Look, I know that I stepped over the line and my place, but I can't help but feel this sudden surge of anger when I stare a Levi, or your mom, or-"

"My dad, I know," she says, letting go of a sigh she has been holding in, cutting off his ranting spree.

"They treat you horribly, and you just deal with it like it doesn't even happen!" He shouts.

"It's the only way I can! If I say anything I'd get slapped or even kicked out! I can't do anything about it, alright!" Her voice bellows through the house, echoing off the empty walls, voided of family photos. She huffs out another angry sigh, "Besides...it's not your battle to fight. You can't always be the night and shining armor in my life...my parents are two dragons you can't slay."

  The two stand silently for a moment, letting the thoughts and rapid words spoke sink in. The uncomfortable silence is soon broken.

  "I think you should go," Amy offers, her voice layered with demand, her heart beginning to break into two pieces.

  Oliver was the only person who didn't cause any added trouble in her life, and now here he is breaking the invisible boundary, verbally attacking Levi in such a way that was uncalled for, expressing his strong hatred for the family that has since been kept under the table of conversation. Oliver's shoulders drag, his eyes filling with undeniable sorrow and wallowing regret for what he's done.

  "I just want you to know that I love you...and I never meant to do anything to hurt you," he says.

  Amy stands there, not having the guts to say anything back to him. She shuts the door, forcing his body out without another word said. Tears, hot and salty tears, begin to roll down her heated cheeks as she walks away from the block of closed wood.

***

  Voices. Nothing but voices. No other sounds or vibrations. Just voices. They pry, cry, and scream, begging for mercy. They grow louder, more poisonous, more horrendous. They crowd around her mind like crows flying over a dead corpse.   The voices float around her body, yet the sources are invisible.

  "It's your time."

  "Do it," they chant.

  "It's your turn!"

  Amy's sleeping mind is haunted by the voices of the lost souls. Her heart beating rapidly and harshly within her rib cage, about to break free.

  She claws at her skin, stirring in her sleep, twisting her body left and right. The silky white sheets spread across her warn mattress wrapped tightly around her legs, suffocating the lower half of her body. 

  "Say it!"

  "Scream it!"

  "Say it now," this voice comes as a whisper as if the sayer were hovering right over Amy's shoulder, their breath fanning across her neck.

  "Your time is up. Say it now," the voice belongs to a man, a teenager it seems. Their voice low yet youthful, husky yet soothing.

  Amy rolls over again, her mind trapped in a nightmare, one of darkness and affliction. She's stuck in a dark room, the boundaries created by walls is unknown. The space seems so small, yet so large at the same time.

  Amy's projected body trembles, smoke flowing from her skin and clothing, creating a haze around her. The smoke slowly disappears as it reaches further into the frigid air, disappearing almost immediately upon contact with the concrete ground.

  "Where am I?!" Amy shouts, her voice carrying and echoing again and again.  "What is happening to me?!" She croaks, choking up on her words.

  Her mind begins to retrieve the horrid smell from before, all those days ago. It projects the terrible aroma in the darkened space, filling every unknown corner and crack it can find, like water in a deep ocean flowing into each cave and ravine.

  Amy breathes heavily, her outside body covered in sweat. Beads of salty water dripping from her sweat glands gather on her forehead, barely touching her hairline. Her pulse picks up instantly, adrenaline running through her veins because of the events happening deep within her brain. Her golden hair matted down, her jaw clenching and unclenching, teeth grinding and throat groaning.

  "W-what do y-you w-want?!" Amy shouts from within the nightmare, her words coming out in grumbles, shudders, and moans. Her throat feeling dry as the perpetual smell fills her nostrils, though she has no reaction to it like she did when she first encountered it.

  "You. I want you. We want you..." the voice echoes, sounding so close but so far away at the same time.

  "Two words, that's all it takes to leave, Amy," the male inflection utters, "Why not do it now?"

  "Say it!" The voices from before return, thundering in the darkness, even louder than before.

  "Say it!" They shout.

  "Say it!" The modulation starts to morph, cackling in a ghastly tone. They laugh, they pound, like wild and blood-thirsty monsters.

  "We'll be waiting...get up...get up...get up!" The male voice returns, shirking over and over again, like repeating a mantra or ritual.

  "Get up!"

  "Get out."