34.

Search up "Hell Sound Effect" if you dare, that's kind of what I imagine The Mirror Realm to sound like, you absolutely don't have to though, anyways, enjoy!

He gazes down at the knife clutched in his calloused hand, his thumb tracing the intricate patterns and carvings. The blade glints under the faint light provided below. Lucifer stands in the archway of his bedchamber, the archway that makes up an open window, staring down at the intimidating demons that lurk on the outside ground of The Mirror Realm. He watches them wrathfully, his darkened irises watching the screaming Rakes and Blades as they brutally attack one another with no remorse.

Rapid Hellfire sprouts from the cracks in the ground, the ground that can never hold grass, trees, or any living plant life. The ground is as much dead as everyone who roams on it. Lucifer's spread wings twitch when he meets the sight of a Winged Beast tear off a Blade's ear, another thundering scream sounding like that of a cursed man ringing out from the blood thirsty demon.

He twirls the knife in his hand quicker, the blade glowing. The blade shape is odd, not something you'd ever expect, that is, because it curves slightly backwards; it gives the wielder the power to slit a throat from behind, for it is equally sharp on both sides. Lucifer averts his gaze from the growing inferno right outside his window, and instead stares down at his bare chest, eyeing single scar that stretches horizontally across his abdomen. But as soon as his retinas meet the scar, they change. They almost shift; they shift back to how they were two decades ago. They morph into a beautiful glinting emerald green, but just as quickly as it came, it goes, and the heavy blackness diffuses throughout his entire eye. It completely covers his sclera, iris, and retina; almost like murky fog over a frozen river, dense and blinding.

Lucifer glances up at the sudden pounding of a fist against the wood door. Without a single word, his mind flickers to the thought of that door opening, and to his silent commands, it does. His telekinesis like power opens the cumbrous barrier, revealing a man with lustrous midnight blue irises standing in the doorway, about to knock again.

"What do you want, Amon?" He states vulgarly, his terse voice vibrating thunderously throughout the chamber. Lucifer doesn't bother to turn around, instead he remains facing forward, watching the fire grow even higher outside, the internal flame blazing a bright blue glow.

His large wings spread out widely involuntarily when Amon staggers in the room a little more, his tarnished boots clanking roughly against the cobbles. The jet black feathers rattle as they're ruffled in the slight hot wind that waves its way through them.

Amon clears his throat, "Apollyon has informed Amy of her choice," he says, striding up the shallow steps to meet Lucifer's height, though he still remains seven inches shorter.

"And?" Lucifer's rasp and husky voice divulges in question.

"She chooses to portray her destined duty, as the next ruler of the realm."

"What got her to say yes?" Lucifer turns his head and stares down at Amon.

"Apollyon told her of her chances of going home, and she agreed...but, we all know that there's no such thing as 'going home' when she'll be resurrected after your next reign two decades from now. She doesn't yet understand that she's stuck in a never-ending loop-"

"And she must never understand that, it's too dangerous for her to understand it. It is important that everything goes on as it did like years before, it's important that nothing gets-" he pauses for a moment, a sudden pain erupting from within his stomach, almost as if someone had punched him with extreme potency. "Changed," he finishes.

"Do you sense a change in the track, Anförare?" Amon questions, suspicion rising at Lucifer's earlier hesitation.

  He respites for a moment, that pain burning inside him never going away; this pain, it has never come before in past decades...this is new, something that hasn't happened before.

  "No," he breathes out finally, "now please leave, I wish to be alone!" Lucifer bellows, a new found anger rising within. Amon nods, pivoting on his heel, showing himself out the door he came in, but he pauses to the sudden halt by Lucifer.

  "Amon, tell Amy to meet me in the Lesson Chamber in ten hours exactly, her second chance depends on it."

  "But, Sir, the next lesson isn't suppose to happen until two weeks from n-"

  "Did I stutter, Amon?!"

  He shakes his head, "no."

  "Then get out of my sight, you hideous harlot." With the horrific insult ringing in his ears, he leaves, the door shutting closed behind him. He shuffles down the hallway, disappearing in thin air.

  Lucifer stumbles on the shallow stone steps, falling to his knees when he can bare the pain no more, it gets worse, with every passing second, it gets worse. His eyes morph again, the bones in his back moving like snakes in sand. A repeating series of cracks haunt the chamber, followed by low grunts from deep inside Lucifer's throat. Suddenly, the throbbing pain stops, as if it never happened in the first place.

  "I need to convert her...before it's too late..."