29.

The smell of blood grows more repugnant, Amy almost able to taste it in her mouth as she rambles down the hallway, deep growls and groans can be heard from the walls in all different directions

  The smell of blood grows more repugnant, Amy almost able to taste it in her mouth as she rambles down the hallway, deep growls and groans can be heard from the walls in all different directions. The long corridor becomes lighter, though still tinted a deep black. 

  Ever since the first lesson has been completed, Amy can't stop thinking about finding a way home, away out of this terror. It's been little over a week since her time began in the Mirror Realm, but on the other side of the mirror, it has been over a month of her alleged disappearance.

  "Where are we going?" Amy asks. Lucifer nor Amon answer, both up ahead and are too busy conversing about their own dwindling conversation that is soon to end.

  "The dining chamber," Apollyon answers from behind Amy, his voice hoarse and rasp.

  The pit of Amy's stomach slowly drops, she can only guess what's for dinner in that wretched place. Her throat begins to dry as her tear ducts cough up salty water. There has been eleven deaths, and she's about to witness one being torn apart by sharp teeth and prolonged claws and nails of the demons that live deep below the ground of the real world.

  The corridor begins to gradually widen, the jagged stone and rock carved out to make the hallway become ingrained and smoother. It's the sounds and deafening bewailing noises of the monsters in the next room that make Amy's eyes glass over even more.

  What have I done. Why did I say it...damnit why did you have to say it?! Amy chastens, tearing herself apart and wallowing in guilt and regret for what she has done.

  She closes her eyelids, her neck giving up its strength and letting her head slip low. All what she can hear is her mother's repetitive words of: you did this, you did this, you did this. Apollyon's sniffling tantrum in the background of Amy's poisoned thoughts is enough to bring her out of them. 

  "You're hiding your fear," Apollyon states in a low tone, barely audible to Amy whose a few strides ahead.

  Amy doesn't respond back, but rather pushes out everything around her, throwing away Apollyon's previous statement in an imaginary trash can.

  She had just learned how to mask it with an anchor, but, she wasn't thinking of Oliver, but instead of her mother and her snaring contention.

  Amy suddenly feels a foreign hand grasp her forearm and hold it tightly, just at the same time that a pair of double doors are opened automatically at the approach of Lucifer and Amon.

  "We're here. Apollyon, take Amy through the back way," Lucifer orders. He lightly bows his head, slobber dripping from his cracked lips, the fangs jutting out of his mouth also dripping.

As they enter the Dining Chamber, Amy is overpowered by a feeling of penetrating angst. Her eyes scan the large room sculpted out from the rock creating rigid and craggy walls. She sees nothing but blood thirsty demons crowding around something in the middle of the room.

"Flytta!" Lucifer bellows, and immediately, almost like a chain reaction, the group of hungry and flesh eating demons retreat backwards, clearing a space and revealing something terrifying in the middle of the room.

Amy watches in horror as the demons move, clearing a perfect view of what's lying on the table as she is pulled away hastily by Apollyon.

A body.

One that is still alive.

"Please!" The girl shrieks, shackles attached to her arms and legs as she's stomach first on a sacrificing slab.

Amy stops for a moment, picking up the wailing cries of the poor girl whose about to be devoured. Amy halts herself, glueing her feet to the floor as she slowly turns around to examine the body again, this time, with an even more clearer view, for she is half way up a staircase leading to four seats.

Amy's hand flies up to her mouth, covering and muffling a scream that is let out from deep inside her vocal cords. Her eyes become glassed over, looking as if they could shatter at a single touch.

"Please!" The girl shrieks again, wrestling with the chains and creating noise that echoes off the walls. The girl is sobbing, crying, her barren body stained with her own blood.

Apollyon grabs for Amy's hand again, but she moves away too quickly, her eyes watching in pure horror as Lucifer steps closer to the girl, the girl who went by the name of Alice Kearney on the other side of the mirror. At this realization, Amy is quick to shuffle her feet back down the stairs she was dragged up by the forearm.

  Amy's jostling elephant steps are enough to catch Alice's attention. Her frightened brown irises avert to the side, and they dilate when the pick up Amy's petrified figure.

  "Amy! Amy, please! Please don't let them kill me!" She bellows, but as soon as the last word slips off her bloodied tongue, Lucifer is already at her side, blocking her view from Amy, a knife in hand.

  He twirls it over and over again in his hand, the sterling silver blade flickering in the faint light of the room. The handle of the dagger is designed with sharp spirals and intricate patterns.

  "It's too bad that you brought this on yourself, poor Alice," Lucifer grins, striding around the slab so that he's behind it, facing the crowd of starved monsters.

  "Please," she cries one last time, one last tear dropping from her eye.

  With a sinister smile growing wider on his lips, he takes one last good look at Alice's fearful face, and slams his hand down on her back, the dagger following. Alice's body - upon puncture - becomes covered with black vine like veins, appearing under her skin and disappearing within minutes.

  Amy watches in horror as the girl's body falls limp on the table, her mouth oozing with a black gooey substance, the demons and monsters crowded around begin chanting and cheering three words.

  "Bearer of Light!"

  "Bearer of Light!"

  "Bearer of Light!"