14.

The new presented room is faintly lit by a hanging chandelier, the bulbs giving out and losing their power

The new presented room is faintly lit by a hanging chandelier, the bulbs giving out and losing their power. Cobwebs of all sorts spun from speckled recluses and black widows hang down and are wrapped around the tarnished gold of the chandelier.

  The walls of the room are visible, made of the same cobbles and stone that made up the never-ending hallway. The chamber itself is quite small, the available space shaped into a square. The air is hazy, fog seeming to radiate out from the cracks and crevasses of the walls.

  The smell of death perpetual, and the smell of blood is equally horrific.

  In the middle of the chamber is a single chair, the chair made entirely of bones. Ulnas, radiuses, femurs, and fibula bones all bonded together with strings to create a seat. Three skulls make up the headrest on the back of the chair, which is being used by Amy's tilted head.

  Her body is slumped in the rough seat, her arms strapped down using leather belts, the same goes for her legs, all beaten and scratched. Two cuts are present on her cheek, both reaching deep into her skin. Her left hand now bandaged, no blood remaining on either hand. She lays there, limp, in the chair, for what seems like hours, until a single voice penetrates the chamber.

  "Wake up," it whispers. It's the same voice that has been haunting her in her dreams, and for the last nine hours.

  "Wake up," the male intonation opines, sounding gentle, strangely gentle.

  Instantly, once the words reach Amy's sleeping mind, she awakes, confusion and revulsion etched on her facial features as her eyes roam every which way in the chamber. She cranes her neck up, her hunter green irises meeting the chandelier, then deters to the chair.

  Her retinas dilate, her eyelids shooting up like an out of control elevator. Her lips part, a deep scream about to be let loose from the bottom of her dry throat.

  "Don't scream, there's no need for that." The sinister figure appears out of thin air, coming to tower over Amy. The same being that has followed her everywhere, the diner, the carnival, even her own home.

  "What do you want?" Amy asks, pulling her arms and legs, the belts restraining her movements.

  "It's not what I want...it's what you want that matters, Amy," the figure steps forward a few inches, closer to Amy's uncomfortably positioned body. The hood still drawn and the face completely hidden from the eye.

  "I've been watching you...very closely...and I know what it is you desire," he paces even closer, his tall statue kneeling down two feet away from her.

  "Yeah?" She spat, anger arising within the pit of her churning stomach, "And what is that?" Her retinas focus on the being, her jaw clenched and her lip in between her teeth tightly, her tongue tasting blood. Amy has always had a strange way of dealing with fear or discomfort, and that is, mashing the two up and creating one massive whirlpool of anguish.

  "Power," he says, "Maybe a bit of love, because what Oliver gave you wasn't enough," he slightly chuckles, standing back up again, turning his back to Amy.

  Amy gives the figure a skeptical eye, "Who are you? Why did you do this to me?!" She questions with new found confidence, no longer fearful of what is happening. Instead, she wants answers...answers as to why she can't remember saying "take me" into the glass, or why she's on the other side of the mirror where she doesn't belong.

"It was your time," the shadowy figure blatantly states. "And to answer your first question," he pivots on his heel, turning back to face the girl strapped in the bone chair, "I'm who you'd call the bearer of light...the devil," he pauses, lifting his hand to the brim of his hood, pulling it off slowly.

The hood now completely off, and Amy's eyes widen in realization, a new spark of dread forming within her bones, blazing through her muscles and organs like a fiery inferno eating away at a forest. The forest is the last bit of confidence that's left in her body, now gone.

"I am Lucifer, the ruler of the Mirror Realm."