18.

"I-I don't understand

  "I-I don't understand...that can't be...I'm unimportant, no one even knows I exist. How can I have this power you say I have and be a ruler of something I barely know?" Amy interrogates, still striding down the hallway, passing doors and other long corridors that weave their way through the realm that is still so new to Amy's weak feet.

  "You've gained the faculty through loss," Lucifer divulges walking on, his six foot four figure jaunting effortlessly to a coming haven.

  Amy's expression twists into ultimate confusion. "I haven't lost anything," she claims. Lucifer's lips press into a thin line, beginning to feel a certain unnerving impatience to her total oblivion.

  "You lost your family, Amy. Ever since your brother Levi was born, you've been put to the side. You began losing them from that very moment on. Do you remember the acrimony and anger you felt when they would never give you attention? It was that anger and resentment that sparked a flame within you, and it fueled it up until now, until this very moment, when your true power can be unleashed."

Amy lets his haunting words sink in, the pain of those dark days returning instantly, the pain feeling so real...as if she's reliving it all over again. It clenches her lungs, restricting breaths and exhales. Her throat becoming more irritably dry and scratchy, like a set of sharp nails have been drug up and down her esophagus.

"Do you remember what it feels like now?" Lucifer questions, a mischievous grin making its way onto his pale lips, relishing the the excruciating pain she is feeling, feeding off of it like it's a fresh meal.

"What are you doing to me?! Stop!" She breathes, almost unable to speak her thoughts.

"I'm making you feel the hurt, so that your mind can refuel your little spark that is waiting to grow like the poisonous weed it's suppose to be. You will learn how to do this, though it won't be easy, you will learn every single thing that it takes to become a ruler of the demons...and of ultimate evil. You will learn it all, in the next five weeks."

"But until the time comes when you must learn, when the loop restarts," Amon begins to say, speaking his first words to Amy. "It is important of you to know what you'll be taking over when you rule." His voice is deep, husky, even a bit frightening.

"And how will I know that?"

The group stops moving, muffled noises making their way through the stone walls.

"By going in there," Apollyon voices, a sinister smile showing off his fangs spreads across his mouth.

There, Amy stands, staring up at a large sign covered in silt. Nine letters are sloppily painted across it, spelling out something that seems unreal, strange even.

"Demon Days?" Amy questions, her voice layered heavily with skepticism, the title unpromising.

"We may look horrifying from the outside...but us monsters know how to have a wicked time," Amon pushes past Amy, letting go of his harsh grasp, Apollyon following close behind, his body changing form as he enters into the foreign place, beating and blaring music radiating out of the space.

Run now, Amy...run now! She internally shouts.

She pivots on her foot, about to run away from it all...but is suddenly stopped by the one that spreads instant dread throughout her body.

"Thinking of running now are we?" he gazes down upon Amy, his black eyes focusing intensely on her face. "You can't run away here, Amy, if you try, you'll be dead in minutes," he renders, his tone holding no concern. "You can either be truly dead, or go in there," he pauses for a moment, pointing into the illuminated and flashing building, "and meet your demons."