Epilogue

Eleven Months Later

Eleven Months Later

  They stride together, hand in hand. They walk to the ticket booth, the carnival lights glistening and twinkling in the cold November air. Her scarf is wrapped tightly around her neck and his arm is wrapped protectively around her shoulders.

  Both have smiles wider than that the sun plastered on their faces, both glowing from head to toe. Their parents stride closely behind as they make their way into the carnival. Little kids scream with delight as they run with candy stuck to their hands. The parents skip with their children to the next ride, not a single soul having a frown.

  Ever since the Mirror Realm was destroyed, so was hatred, and anything and everything evil. That realm took every terrifying and horrendous thing with it when it collapsed. Now, all terrible mistakes made have been forgiven, all Hell that used to be present on Earth has been demolished, never to be seen or heard of again...and Amy couldn't be any happier.

  She has made a strong bond with her mother and father, and she now expresses a new found love for her family she didn't have before. Amy cranes her neck to stare up at Oliver, who has an equally large smile painted across his light crimson lips.

Amy's lips curve up, her cheeks lighting up in a beautiful crimson red. She averts her eyes from Oliver back to the magnificent sight in front of her.

A Ferris wheel stands tall over the scene, ring toss and water gun games scattered everywhere. The sky is set dark, the crescent moon shining brightly in the cloudless atmosphere. Amy turns her torso just a bit, and her attention immediately lands on the one thing she wants to do.

The fun house.

"Just like last time," she says, and Oliver immediately sees what she's talking about. Without a second thought, Amy tugs Oliver's hand closer to it, and Oliver can't help but hiccup a laugh.

They stop at the booth in front, and the elderly man behind it looks so joyous, "Go on in, this one is on me! Enjoy!" He divulges.

"Thank you!"

The two stagger in, the tent lit up with beautiful flickering lights that change from red to blue to white. Amy turns her head, and sees funhouse mirrors, she involuntarily strides toward them and peers inside.

"Wow, look how tall you are!" Oliver exclaims from beside her, a beautiful laugh escaping his and her lips.

  "Look at you! Your face is so squished," Amy giggles as she stares in Oliver's mirror. They spend thirty minutes under the funhouse tent, laughing and kissing one another like the good old times. Amy's eyes glimmer with a love she's never felt before, her body washed over with the feeling a reassurance that this life has everything that she's ever hoped for.

  They step out of the funhouse, and glance up at the ferries wheel, spotting their parents and Levi in one car, all conversing happily with one another. Oliver's eyes are still glued to the ginormous wheel, but Amy tears her away, and her eyes instantly widen.

  "Oliver, I'll be right back," Amy says, waiting for his simple reply, and lets go of his arm. She strides with a leap in her step, her heartbeat picking up in speed out of excitement for who she thinks she just saw.

  In a group of twelve teenagers, she spots a six foot four being, his high cheekbones, and pale lips turned up. His dark umber brown locks swept up out of his face perfectly as a black leather coat rests around his shoulders. She strides to him slowly, and almost as if on cue, he turns his body around in Amy's direction.

  His eyes dilate in surprise as he drops what was in his hand, both of their smiles grow even wider as the the the race towards one another. They clash together, wrapping their arms tightly around each other with a tight embrace.

  "We did it," Amy whispers.

  "No, you did," he pulls back, his emerald green eyes sparkling with happiness.

  Amy stares back up at him, "I'm not sure if I can call you Lucifer anymore," she laughs slightly.

  "Oh right," he chuckles, holding out his hand for her to shake, "I'm Dane King."

  "Nice to finally meet the real you...I'm just so happy to see that we're here, all of us, wait for a second, why do look like you're still eighteen, shouldn't you be like thirty-eight?" Amy asks, confusion painted on her face.

  "When I woke up on the other side of the mirror, everything was how I left it, I was the same age, and looked the same, everything around me changed though. I came back to see that my house was occupied by my sixty two-year-old parents when I left them they were forty-two. And you see us here," he pauses to gesture to the group he just separated from, "They were all killed in the realm, and now they're back, all because of you. You saved them, and now we all have a tremendous debt to pay to you."

"You don't have to pay me anything, if it weren't for you fighting through the spirit, we would still be there, living our lives in misery."

"I guess we both did our part, and look how happy everyone is," Dane averts his gaze from Amy, but then turns back a second later, "I guess I'm just still in shock, even almost a year later, I just can't believe we're back. That whole mess has made me realize that I've got everything I want and that I have the power to do better."

"Me too."

They stare at one another for a moment longer, two born evils who had the power to change. Two born evils who were made out to be good.

A wise woman once said, "Not all heroes wear capes," and it holds truth, for these two heroes wore wings.