35.

The lesson chamber illuminates with immense light like she's never seen before when she takes her first steps in the room

The lesson chamber illuminates with immense light like she's never seen before when she takes her first steps in the room. The old hinges of the buckling door screech as they're closed back up. Amy's eyes are wide with amazement as she takes in the chamber in entirety.

The walls are lined with a series of large arches, smaller ones within the large ones. Some sport indents, to which are filled with a single, broken statue. The floors are smooth, though in some places it is cracked beyond repair, heat seeping through the cracks in a way that is entirely new to Amy. She averts her gaze up, the ceiling covered in blood puddles, but that isn't the only thing that catches her glinting eye. A chained chandelier dangles from the arched roofing by a cluster of warm ropes, looking like they're about to give out at any moment. Torches line the walls in twenty feet intervals, the flame glowing a brilliant blood red, giving off minimal light.

She breathes it all in, unable to jar her eyes away from the fully lit chamber, still amazed at how something so horrifying can appear and look so beautiful at the same time. She walks in further, the bare skin of her toes welcoming the uneven ground. She's so lost in the view that she doesn't notice a figure draped in black watching her from a balcony, their feet dangling over the edge as their wings are spread out extensively.

"Like what you see?" His voice echoes throughout the brick walls, but this time there's something different about it...it holds no hatred, no poison, no evil. It sounds more human than it ever has. Lucifer glides down from the high balcony, his bare chest becoming more visible to Amy as the eighteen feet wide structures sprouting from his back fold down, and disappear.

  It seems that the more time Amy spends on the other side, the more and more she's beginning to accept it as her new home. She's constantly finding impossible phenomenon to actually exist and happen in a world so different from her own, to which, always manages to amaze her. She hates it, but deep down inside, there's a sliver of her soul that yearns to see more of this wretched, wicked, yet astounding dimension she had given herself to.

  "I'm glad to see that you've made the right choice to follow through on the teachings," he says, jarring Amy away from scrutinizing the lesson chamber. He steps closer to her, an arm's length away. Amy tares her gaze away from his empty eye sockets, unable to stare at them, instead she glances down at the rags covering her warm, silky smooth skin.

  She clears her throat, "would you've really killed me if I'd said 'no'?"

  "Yes," he answers without a moment's hesitation, "but I'm happy to see you've chosen the right path. Now, before we waste any more time, we have to get on with the next lesson, the third lesson of four." His urgency is strange, Amy picks up on it immediately, but doesn't question it.

  "You will train your mind to inflict emotion on others," he paces around Amy, his hands behind his back as he eyes her body up and down. "This emotion can be good...or bad," he says this with a certain liking, his evilness returning. "But, you must do it with your mind. On this side we barely do things with our hands, we use the power up here," he points to his temple.