Story 22: Soldier!Yuno x Reader

"Hey mommy...? Who are the people in this picture...?" Your daughter asked,holding up a picture.

"That's me and your father Hallow.." You said,sitting down and pulling her onto your lap.

"Why were you holding hands with him and Uncle Asta?" She asked,frowning.

"Well,it's how we all were... We were all raised in a place where we didn't have a mommy and daddy around,so we trusted eachother." You explained to your precious four year old. She was the spitting image of her father,and the inquisitive personality to match.

"Tell me more." She demanded,puffing out her chubby cheeks. "I wanna know what daddy was like.."

"Well.. Your daddy was really different than he is now.. He was always talented in school and learning new things,but he thought strength was all that was important.. He considered himself weak,but I always thought he was cool.." You explained. Her sparkling eyes made you say more. "He was always quiet and wanted to hide away,but if someone hurt anyone he cared about,he'd beat him up.."

"Like he is now!?" She asked,frowning innocently. "One of the bad people he's beating up hurt you?"

You laughed softly at her innocence that had yet to be affected by the world. "Daddy is doing something different now. He's fighting to protect the two of us,and everyone else.." You said,rubbing her back. "You'll understand when you're older."

A month passed,and she came inside holding a kitten.

"Mommy,look at what I found! I wanna keep it!" She shouted,grinning up at you.

"What would you name it if I said yes?" You asked,smirking a bit. You weren't much of a cat person,but if she could come up with a name,maybe you'd allow it..

"Princess!" She said,grinning at you.

"Fine,we can keep her. But only this one time." You said,smiling a bit.

A year later she came home once again,showing you yet another thing she had brought home. This time,she'd found it at school and took it off the bus.

"Momma,look at what I found! I found a friend!" She said,grinning as she pointed to her friend. The short boy looked a bit embarrassed. "Can we keep him!?"

"Won't his mother be wanting him home? It's not nice to not tell his parents when you wanna hang out with him,Hallow." You said. She pouted but nodded.

"Fine.. You did say Princess was the last one we can keep.." She whined. She grabbed the boy's hand and grinned up at you. "We're gonna go play at his house then!" She said,running off with him. You laughed a bit,knowing she'd be safe. You lived in a good neighborhood anyways.

"Don't stay out too late!" You called.

"I won't...!" She shouted back as she turned the corner and disappeared.

Another year passed,and she brought home something else again.

"Mom,look!" She said,holding up the cat she had found ages ago. Princess had her collar on and meowed as if asking for help. She had slipped outside days ago,so Hallow had went and found her.

"Hallow,you're all scratched up.." You said,laughing as she came in. She was covered in dirt and mud. "Where'd you find her?"

"Well she was up in a tree,so Kiyo gave me a boost so I could get her down." She said,grinning. "I managed to get her down but she got away again and ran into the woods,so I chased her and managed to catch her!" She said proudly. "We can still keep her,right?"

"Of course sweetie. Now let's get you cleaned up." You said,leading her to the bathroom so you could patch up the scratches that littered her small frame.