Story 27: King!Luck x Reader

(Before I start this off,this is an AU where Luck is a soon to be king. There is no magic in this one.)

"You'll have to come back later.  I currently have a bit of a problem to deal with." Luck said,sighing as he shut the door. The princess who he was to marry soon was on the other side of that door. He walked over to the woman who was tied up in a chair nearby his bed. "You're a really bad assassin,ya know? I could tell you hesitated."

"Oh screw off." She growled,glaring at him coldly.

"Do remember you are speaking to a future king. It would be quite horrible if word got out of your misgivings. I'd be forced to allow you to be hung. For now,I'll make you an offer. You seem strong,and I want you to train me." He said simply. She just stared at him in shock.

"Why exactly would I do that!?" She snapped.

"Well you'd be let off the hook. If you can take out ten of my guards,I'll allow you to become my teacher. After a year of training me,you'd be excused of all of your crimes and allowed to walk freely." He said,smirking. Such an offer wouldn't be passed up,even by an assassin.

"And what else?" She asked calmly. She stood up suddenly,having had cut her bindings.

"You simply teach me and stay by me for a year. That's all." The prince replied,rolling his eyes at her. The girl sighed and nodded,making Luck grin.

"What's your name anyway?" He asked her curiously.

"(First Name) (Last Name). That's all I will tell you." She said. He chuckled and lead her to the courtyard excitedly. He called the guards. As promised,there were ten she would have to fight so he could measure her skills. There were two more there for his protection as well.

The second the battle began,Luck immediately knew the woman would win. She behaved in a calmer manner than before,and whenever one of the guards lunged she just took them out easily. She didn't kill anyone,despite the ample opportunities. How strange. An assassin that seemed to hate killing.

After all ten of the guards were knocked out,the woman looked at him calmly. "That enough?" She asked. The prince grinned and drew his sword,bolting towards her. She drew a small dagger,easily blocking all of his attacks.

The first day of training continued like that. The first day,and the prince was already determined to keep this woman around. He wasn't able to land a single hit on her all day,and that afternoon he lead her to a room.

"You are to stay here. If you leave you will immediately be hung. There's a restroom connected to the room. Behave yourself." Luck ordered. The girl just rolled her eyes and went inside the room. He sighed and walked off,deciding to go to his study.

As he reached his beloved study and entered,he looked up. Above the seat at his old wooden desk was a painting of his father,the old king who had been slaughtered while on an outing. He shook his head and sat down,remembering how his mother had always yelled at him and blamed him for it. As he began to revise documents that would need his signature,his beloved princess came in and sat down in his lap. He stayed silent but laid his chin on her shoulder,continuing with his work. He couldn't always provide her with the time she wished for,but he knew she understood.