Story 53: William x Reader x Yami

(So this one is for two different requests,I decided to combine them though)

Walking down 29th and Park

"Hey,William.. It's been a while.." Her soft voice called.

"Why haven't you been calling me?" He asked,gripping the phone. "Do you know how lonely it gets without you here? Nobody here has any idea how I like my coffee or my tea!"

"I know,I'm sorry. I'll be back from America soon,just please calm down,okay?" She replied,worry etched into her voice.

"I just want to see you.." He whined,his head pounding since he had a massive headache.

"I'll be home before you know it,alright? I'm finishing up my semester here and afterwards I'll be flying straight back. You won't have to be in literature club all alone after that." She said cheerfully.

"Actually,I made a lot of new friends after you left.. Everyone joined the club.." He muttered.

"The more the merrier,right?" She asked.

"Well there's no more spots left for you.." He admitted. Her eyes widened at his words.

"That's alright. I have something I want to tell you before I get home.." She said.

"What is it?" He asked.

"I'm still in.." She began. The line went dead before William could hear the part where she confessed her love. When she did realize that it had gone dead,she thought he'd rejected her by hanging up and frowned.

He called her back ten times that night,desperate to hear what she was going to say. She didn't answer a single one of the calls no matter how long of a voicemail he left.

I saw you in another's arms

When she returned to Japan for the summer,it was right after the rainy season had stopped. When she got off the plane,she saw him. He was standing there,his face flushed from the summer heat.

"William..?" She asked. He ran over and hugged her tightly,gripping her close to him. Her cheeks heated up but she slowly patted his head. "Why are you here?"

"You're my friend,that's why! Your brother sent me here." He said,pulling away. "Now come on,get your luggage. The cat is outside."

"Alright.." She muttered. She grabbed her bags and followed him out to her brother's car,getting in silently.