Unsolicited Gift Giving

"Emmie!" Yang called out from across the room, as she gathered a few of her books that Blake had stolen at some point from the bookshelf. "Do you wanna come into the bedroom for me?"
"No no, I'm alright for now!" Emily responded from the sofa, her cane leaning against the armrest in such a way it was a minor trip hazard for anybody who wished to pass it. Yang turned her head round, looking straight past her left shoulder at Emily. "Did I sound like I was giving you a choice?"
"Actually," Emily replied, musing Yang's question, "yeah, you kinda did."
"Well I wasn't. Take the cane and come to the bedroom with me this instant." Yang gave her ideas firmly yet not angrily, though her eyes did shift hue subtly from the deep, pensive sky-blue to a most alluring, amethyst purple. Emily shot out of her seat like a rocket had been attached to each of her arse cheeks, and she dashed into the bedroom without giving so much as a second though to her cane.

Yang sighed under her breath and picked up the cane herself. She stood for a moment, deliberating, whilst Charlie, Billy, Weiss and Ruby were eagerly discussing something-or-other of no great importance. She unsheathed the blade slowly, as if she was peeling the clothes from an expensive Parisian prostitute, and swung the sword a couple of times, a shameful twinge of guilt slicing right through her with each deft movement of her wrist. Yang quickly put the blade back inside its metal housing and looked around to make sure no-one had seen her, her cheeks a soft pastel pink. The other four had not seen her, they were far too engrossed in their conversation-cum-guffawing. She strolled back through to the bedroom, where Emily had found herself a seat, and hence was perched on the left-foot end of Yang's mattress, her legs laid straight outward across the carpet in an attempt to minimise pain.

"Emmie, we need to talk." Yang started, sitting down on the corner of what had recently become Kerian's bunk in order to face her girlfriend. "Could we not have done that in there?"
"No." Yang answered bluntly, throwing Emily her cane, which she attempted to catch graciously in one hand, but instead managed to swing directly across her own jaw. "You see," she continued, looking Emmie straight in the calming, oceanic turquoise of her eyes, "I'm worried about this trip to town later. You sure you can handle it?"
"Well, even if I can't, we can't do much.  I need to go get clothes and it's not like I can fly there, so I'll have to walk." Emily said, trying unsuccessfully to iron out the patronising lilt from her voice as she spoke to Yang- not that the blonde beauty seemed to particularly mind. "You're wrong on that front, Emily."
"How? What are you suggesting? This better not be another one of your stupid ideas." Yang looked at Emily in a comedically exaggerated state of false horror. "Who told you I had stupid ideas?"
"Rubes. Obviously." Emily replied, talking a subtle and snide dig at Yang's younger sister who loved nothing more than to joke at the her older sister's expense. "Well, I think you'll like this one. Quite why I have the supplies for it, I will never know- but I do, and that's the bit you need to give two shits about." Yang explained, crouching down between Emily's legs so that she could rummage about in the three-inch wide gap between floor and bed-frame.

With an adorably mischievous smile on her face, she pulled it out of the mini abyss, and never before had Emily laid eyes on such a thing. But somehow, some way, she suspected she would again.