A Class Act

"Yes. This is my meal, one delicious, organic, healthy, and most importantly of all, vegan-friendly Granny Smith apple. Non-GMO too, if the advertising sticker is to be believed. So I don't think you've any right to judge my healthy, slimming diet choices while you and your pals sit there stuffing your faces with honey-glazed colon cancer flakes, or whatever it is the evil spectre of commercialism wishes to call them to hide the fact they'll kill you." Weiss ranted, until her white colour scheme contrasted greatly with her face, which had turned as ruddy as an overripe strawberry as a direct result of her screaming and shouting about the virtues of veganism. "I don't know," Yang replied nonchalantly, ogling at Weiss' stomach- which was so flat one could measure it with a spirit level- and non-existent breasts, "you look less like you're on some kind of healthy eating adventure, and more like you're just wasting away. Eat some colon cancer flakes." The blonde pushed Ruby's remaining half a bowl- though to be fair, it was her fourth bowl- to the heiress who simply shook her head in disgust.

After waiting a minute or so, just to be absolutely certain Weiss had no intention whatsoever of eating the leftover Pumpkin Pete's Marshmallow Flakes, which had now congealed into a soggy, allegedly carcinogenic conglomeration, Emily whisked the bowl away from the dust princess as if she were being timed on how quickly she could eat a bowl of name-brand, sugary cereal, and began to hungrily wolf it down, as even the slap-up meal Yang had provided the night before had failed to fill the hole that was growing in Emily's stomach from the food-deprived week she had spent making the perilous journey from the island of Patch to the city of Vale; this was not to mention the fact that food, in her case, had been sparse even before leaving Patch for reasons she refused to even tell Charlie, her best friend and closest confidant.

"Calm down dear, we won't miss morning classes just yet." Charlie reassured her. Emily looked at him and noticed he was wearing someone's spare Beacon Academy uniform- she assumed Blake's- but had swapped out the skirt for a pair of jeans, and had the Pip Boy-esque Ursa leather contraption that David Beckett had created, wrapped tightly around his non-dominant left wrist. Emily herself was wearing the clothes that she- with more than a little help from the buxom beauty she called her lover- had purchased the previous afternoon. Specifically, her outfit consisted of a Shiraz-red combat skirt, not dissimilar to the one worn by Ruby and Weiss when not in uniform, which ended abruptly into a corset of a mainly identical colour, but which was piped in a beautiful, brassy, bronze hue which made it stylish as well as effective at cinching in her waist. To prevent her undergarments from ruining the very 1920s aesthetic, her bra straps, and indeed the main body of the brassiere, were a pale tan colour- like a horribly milky tea- that blended in faultlessly with Emily's skin tone. On her feet, she wore dark brown cowboy boots, that were both flat-soled and very sturdy around the sides in order to try and keep Emily as upright as possible.

She thought, however, that any great look she was attempting was rather ruined by Yang's meddling hand. The blonde had insisted that Emily sport a pair of cumbersome, stainless steel, and- worst of all- bright, sparkly, blue knee braces to help her health.

Swiftly, the crippled flapper girl exited the room early, under the guise of not wanting to be late- though her true plan was to discard the hideous knee braces before Yang could stop her.