Chapter 20

Violet

"Okay so you see that woman in the red strapless dress which barley covers anything standing by the bar" Anna says as I hum in response. 

"And you see that old man in the green suit with the old group of men by the balcony." I hum again as Carrie points to the man discreetly. 

"They are actually a couple and family." Julian completes the story. 

"Okay so what there is like a 10 year age difference between them and if they are a couple the might be married therefore family." I am so confused by what's so wrong because I mean if they are in love age shouldn't matter. 

"Honey the woman is his step son's ex wife." Alice's comment makes me gasp in shock. 

"What how can they live like that?" I am horrified. How would they be able to live like this knowing that the woman in his bed was in his son's bed. 

"Well it doesn't bother them 'cause they have been happily married since Austin and I were married." Anna says. 

"Damn imagine the family reunions." I chuckle at my own thought. My comment causes everybody else to laugh as well.

"Well it probably isn't that bad considering the fact that the son is married to the old mans ex wife." Julian says. Oh shit.

"I know what your thinking. that family is just another fucken Shakespeare play." We all laugh at Carrie's comment 'cause honestly thats what I was thinking.

"Okay moving on. You see that woman over there-" Anna discreetly points to a woman in a baby pink gown flirting with a man "- that is Jenna Murphy. Make sure that you keep her away from your man because she will flirt with anyone." Anna finishes the story. 

"I mean she wouldn't flirt with a married man." I doubt she is that much of a flirt that she would hit on a married man. 

"I mean it hasn't fucken stopped her before. She has hit on every single one of our men including yours. So better keep a look out." Carrie fills me in on more about Jenna. How can she hit on another woman's man. I guess some people just have no shame. 

"Alright enough about the woman for tonight. What I want to know is how you guys and my future brothers meet." I try changing the topic. 

"Well Austin and I meet because I was his assistant for about 6 years and honestly there was always some kind of tension but we never focused on it. You know trying to keep things professional and all but one day just kissed me and the rest is history." Damn that sounds like such a cliche but I love how Anna and Austin got together. 

"Wow! That seems so romantic." I say wondering what it must be like to have someone love you so much to just come up to you and kiss you. 

"My turn" Carrie says enthusiastically which causes us to giggle.

"Okay okay go ahead." I say as I take a sip of my orange juice. 

"Well you see I own a small flower shop and Anthony would come in everyday and get flowers for one of his whores that he slept with everyday so he could tell them off. Whenever he would come in he would always flirt with me and we would go back and forth everyday, then one day he comes in when I was closing and asks me out. Of course I told him that I would not be one of his one night stands and he tells me that he is willing to try for me. I was so touched by what he said so I decided to give him a shot." Carrie and Anthony also have a very good story.

"Awwwwwwwww he gave up his ways for you. Thats so sweet." I gush over another love story. 

"Okay now your turn." I say as I point to Julian.