Chapter 23

Violet 

Jacob and I quickly served everybody and sat down ourselves. 

"So music career hah?" Anthony chuckles as he digs into his breakfast. 

"Okay you know what our parents lied to us. We personally thought that we were good and you know what we are good!" says a defensive Jacob. I agree brother. Everyone just laughs. 

Since Jacob is right next to me I pull him in "do you think your friend turned us down for the music contract not because he was too busy to handle another artist but because we can't sing?" 

"Nah I don't think so. We are amazing singers." I think that gives me a little bit of hope. 

"But then why did he advice us to never send another person out demos" 

"Maybe he just didn't want anyone to make money off of our talent" I know that he knows he's lying. 

"I guess I'm just glad we didn't send them to anyone else. I mean I know that we are good but I guess others just don't appreciate our talent." 

"Yup baby sis, we are amazing." Jacob says with a wide smile causing me to smile as well. As we end the conversation and turn to the table we realize that we weren't exactly whispering. 

"YOU GUYS GOT TURNED DOWN!" Carrie shrieks as she releases the laughter that she was holding in and so does everybody else. 

"STOP IT'S NOT FUNNY!" Both Jacob and I try to stop all of the laughter. Finally they all stop laughing while cleaning their tears. Though the laughter died down the chuckling didn't. 

"You know what? Let's focus on the bet alright!" I say trying to change the topic. 

"What bet?" My dad asks.  

"Oh so last night we had a little bit of an argument and decided to have a bet to see if the men are the ones who can't go a day without technology or the women. If we win they are our servants for the rest of the vacation and if they win-" I cut off Anna in the middle of her explaining process, not wanting either moms or dads know what the men want. 

"-I don't think the stakes are important" 

"Of course they are. All the men in this room are business men, Gary and I must know if we trained our sons well." Papa Emerson says. 

"Oh believe me dad you have trained them well and Gary you also trained your son well but unfortunately since he doesn't have a woman here he is rather the referee." There goes Julian giving a hint of what the men want in return. Really Julian? I just hope nobody catches on. 

"Ohhhh now I know what they want but can't you get that any day though" Damn it mom! 

"Nah that's why we need to win this" replies Aaron with a smirk in Julian's direction.   

"But you are not going to win cause we are. Right girls!" We all shout "yeah" in agreement with Julian. 

"Well you kids have fun cause today we-" my mom says while pointing to herself, my dad, papa Emerson, and mama Emerson "-are going to go sight seeing into town. So today you guys are free to do what you please. Unless you want to join us?" 

We all just look at one another wondering if we want to go. "Mom, I don't think we want to go sight seeing without electronics to take pictures." I think I spoke for everyone. My assumption is proven right when everyone else agrees. 

Everybody finishes eating and puts their plates in the sink and heads to their rooms probably to take a shower. 

Since I got up there while Ace was still eating I quickly took a shower so it would be available for him when soon. Once I am done with my shower I get dressed and start heading down stairs. I had got out just in time since Ace just walked into the room ready to take his shower.