Epilogue

Violet

two months later

After we saw the house, and I immediately fell in love with it, we moved in within two weeks. We went furniture shopping right away. We bickered A. Lot. 

Neither one of us could agree on what to get. In the end he would always say that we could get whatever I wanted but I would always say that I wanted to pick something that we both like. Thanks to me we spent a whole half hour arguing which color to get for the couch. Keep in mind it took us half an hour to agree on the style of the couch and we just had to argue on which color. 

But it's fine after so much time time and energy, we finally got everything done. 

It's been about two months since we moved in and I would be lying if I said it wasn't fun. 

Every morning all I feel is bliss, even though I throw up pretty much every morning. When I'm not throwing up, I'm wrapped up in Ace's arms and when I am throwing up, he is right behind me holding my hair back. 

I check the time and realize we're going to be late for the appointment if we don't leave now. "Ace let's go!" I yell as I wait for him in the living room. 

"Chill woman." He walks in fixing his collar. Today we have a doctor's appointment to find out the gender of the baby. The first time we saw the ultrasound Ace and I both cried. Yes. Ace Emerson cried. 

After locking up the house, we're on our way to the doctor. "I want a girl." I say out of the blue. "or a boy." I say again. 

Ace scoffs. "I think you don't know what you want." Okay maybe that's true. I'd be happy with either. "Well then what do you want?" I say in a challenging tone. 

"First I want a boy, then a girl." 

"Okay hold up who ever said we're going to have another baby? And why do you want a boy first." I know we're going to have another baby after this one but hey he doesn't know that. 

Ace lets out a 'ha' before turning to be when we stop in front of the hospital. "One I know we're going to have more kids because I love you and I know you want more kids. Two I want a boy first so I can train him to keep guys away from you when I'm not around and then when we have a little girl he can do the same." I open my mouth to say something but he gets out and closes his door before I can. Just as I open my door I see Ace already standing there with his arm stretched out. 

Accepting his help, I get out of the car. 

Soon enough, we are waiting in the room for the doctor. I look around the office while Ace sits next to me on his phone. 

We turn our attention to the door as we hear it open. "Good afternoon Mrs.Emerson, Mr.Emerson. How are you today?" My doctor, Ms. Landon, asks. We both just respond with a good. "Do you guys want to find out the gender?" We both nod in excitement causing her to laugh. 

I lifted up my shirt so doc could squirt the gel onto my stomach. Ace took that as a queue to stand up and and take my hand in his. She wiggled the wand around a little until she found what she wanted. "Congratulations! You guys are having a baby boy!" I realize I'm crying when I feel something wet on my cheeks. I look up to find Ace mimicking my reaction. "Thank you so much." Ace says as he doctor hands me a whip to clean the gel off. 

After about 15 minutes of talking to the doctor, we finally head home. "You go and watch some T.V. I'll make us lunch." Ace says before he walks into the kitchen. He takes such good are of me. 

6 months later

"Ace you son of a bitch!" I yell from the couch as I rub my swollen stomach.