Chapter 38

Violet 

"Aw they're so cute." I hear someone say as I start to wake up. Slowly opening my eyes I see that my parents and Ace's are in the penthouse. I furrow my eyebrows wondering what they're doing here and how they got in. I look at the father clock to see that it's already 6:12. Oops looks like we slept too much. So it explains why they are here but how in the world did they got in is the question. 

I try to move but I can't something's holding me back. I look down to see that it's Ace's arm holding me back. I wiggle a little only to cause him to tighten his hold on me, groan, and nuzzles his head into my neck. "Ace" I say trying to wake him up as I hear chuckles and giggles. "Ace" I try again. "ACE!" I yell causing him to jolt his eyes open and starts looking around. "What's wrong!?" He get's up almost knocking me down in the process. "Oh hey guys. What're you doing here?" He says finally seeing everyone in the room. 

I start to collect the blanket and go towards my room to put it up. 

Argh! I can't believe they walked in on us like that. That's so embarrassing. What I also can't believe is that I was prepared for everything. I just slept. How stupid could I have been! Can't I at least be a good host. After fixing my blanket on my bed I take a deep breath and make my way to the living room. 

When I walk into the living room I see that my mom and mother-in-law are sitting next to each other giggling whereas both of the fathers took the single chairs next to each other while Ace sat where we originally slept. I go ahead and sit next to Ace. Now it's not that uncomfortable since we kinda just slept together. Ace puts his arm around me as I snuggle into him. I guess we're both comfortable now. Before, though we didn't show it, we were awkward on the inside and despised each other. Thankfully we found an understanding for the year.

"Uhm, I'm sorry for not being prepared and not greeting everybody the right way." I felt as if I just had to apologize for my lack of attention to the time. The ladies just giggle before my mom speaks up. "Honey, it's okay." My mom says between chuckles. "Yeah, you guys were probably just tired from the night before. It's okay" I look at my future mother-in-law wide eyed as she sends a wink my way. Laughter erupts throughout the room. As I feel something vibrating by my side I realize that Ace is laughing along. Damn him. 

Shaking my head I get up and start walking towards the kitchen. Even though I couldn't greet them at the door, I can at least be a good host and get them something to drink. "What would you guys like to drink?" I shout from the kitchen. Hearing the replies I start pouring the drinks. I put the drinks on the tray and take them to the living room. "Okay here are your scotches and wines." I say as I place the scotches in front of the men and the wines in front of the women. Taking a seat right next to Ace again, I grab my orange juice and start sipping. 

"So about the wedding. We only have about three weeks to plan everything." Mama Emerson says as she takes a sip of her wine. "So this means that today was your last day at work until the wedding is over." My mom states matter of factly. I look up at Ace to see what he has to say about this since he technically is my boss. I look up only to see him nodding down at me. Damn it! Now I have to plan this shindig. "Sweetie why're you looking up at him for an 'okay'? You're marrying the man you own him now." Papa Emerson says as he sees the small communication between Ace and I. 

I laugh as I start so speak. "Hear that. You're my bitch now!" I burst out laughing as does everyone else in the room but Ace. He only glares down at me. Alright I guess we are a little friendly but not that friendly. I sober up as does everybody else in the room. "Well you guys chat, I'm going to go and start breakfast." I get up and head to the kitchen. 

Moving around the kitchen I start making dinner. I love cooking; it just sends me to another place. It's like my getaway that no one can ever take away from me. For me the kitchen is just like heaven. I move around with ease and glee. Once the dinner is ready I go and set up the dinning table before calling everyone over for dinner.