Chapter Two

There I was standing in the mirror. Not looking at myself. I couldn't do it. The person I saw is the person I knew they thought was disgusting, fat, and ugly. I sighed. I wore leggings, and an oversized sweatshirt. Senior privledges. You could wear anything as long as your not exposing any private area.

No matter how long I chanted in my head I could do this. I can finish these nine months strong without collapsing or a near death experience I laughed to myself knowing that wasn't true.

I grabbed my bag and went downstairs. I went to the kitchen and Eric was having coffee while typing on his laptop. "Morning Bella first day of senior year." He said not looking up. Work was all he did, and he tried to make conversation between us but I didn't want to talk to him that much. After he took me in I never felt the need to bond with him. Rude but I was just a guilt. He knew my mom they dated and almost married without my knowledge. He didn't even know I even existed. When he found out he took me in and became my guardian.

"Yes." I said trying not to sound sad. I was sad I was still in high school with all these teenagers who never wanted to grow up!

"You've grown up so much. This is exciting. I can cancel work and take you to the university. Or maybe you can go to Harvard like me." He smiled. Before I could speak his phone rung and he held his hand up.

"Ms. Bella if you are ready I could take you to school." Mr. Bailey said. I smiled and nodded. He grabbed my bag from me even though I insisted I could carry it. "Nonsense just doing my job. Mr. Jones insisted on an upgrade of a car. Says it is a little senior gift. I believe it is a Limited Edition 2018 Mercedes benz."

He led us to the beautiful, shiny, black car. I got in the back seat. He places my bag besides me and closed my door. He made his way around and started it. The drive to school was very smooth, and I thanked Mr. Bailey. "Have a great day at school. I will pick you up at precisely one." He said and I gave a nod.

I got out and made my way inside. I was early and decided I go to class early. I went inside the classroom and was greeted by the teacher. I gave a simple nod, and small smile. I spent the time staring at the clock as the seconds passed by. When the bell rung students formed in bringing in loud chatter.

"Alright class settle down. Most of you know me. I am Mrs. Simmons for those who dont. I will be your first hour teacher. I am teaching English. My job is to prepare you for college. This year we will be tougher. I will challenge you, than after I feel as if everyone can write a paper and know the vocabulary than we can do easy stuff. Like getting into readong, and poetry. Than you graduate. Let's start off with a good year." She smiled. The door opened and Jax Lewis walked in. As I said before the hottest bad boy in this school. His black hair, strong and sharp jaw, very tall with great muscle tone. Not too much but also not too little. By the talk of the girls that gossip in the bathrooms he was packing.

"Mr. Lewis your late." She said with a hint of annoyance in her voice.

"Great to see you again Simmons." He said and made his way to the back of the class. She continues talking about what English would be like this year and I sat there half listening while drawing in my notebook. When the bell rung we were dismissed to our second hour. Only four more classes and lunch and I'm out. The next class I had was math. I was thankful there was a seat in the front against the wall.

I heard people speaking about me. "I think she needs a special chair." A girl spoke. I tried to shut them out. Our math teacher wasn't doing any playing or filling us in on what we were doing. We went straight to notes. Learning new equations.

By lunch time I was exhausted. I went to grab me a cold drink. "A cold drink isn't healthy for you honey." Ashley said standing next to me. I tried ignoring her. "Are you deaf?" She asked waving her hand in my face. I went to press a number and she pushed me out the way. She chose something and walked away with my drink. I sighed and told myself not to cry. I wish I could walk out of school but I couldn't without getting in serious trouble. I sat outside and watched the flowers and grass wave delicately within the wind. A person took a seat across from me. I'm guessing they wanted this seat to themselves. I grabbed my bag and was about to stand.