Chapter Twenty-six

I stayed by his side. I never wanted to leave. Day by day. They pleaded with me to go home and rest. I wouldn't allow that to happen. I only left if I needed a shower or to go to the bathroom. I did my work sitting right besides him. Mrs. Lewis was out getting me food. I laid my head against his arms.

"Please....please wake up. I am so sorry." I started sobbing. "I want to hear your voice. To see your eyes." I cried.

"What's the problem?" A hoarse voice asked. I froze. I looked up and I saw his eyes. He squinted from the light. He looked at me curious.

"I've waited so long for this." I said wiping my eyes.

"Who are you?" He asked.

"Troy....I know. I am so sorry. I know. Please don't do this." I said.

"Troy." Mrs. Lewis said placing the food down. She rushed to his side planting kisses on his head. He winced and she apologized.

"Mom stop you are embarrassing me." He said. She made calls.

"You don't remember me?" I said and he looked at me.

"No....I am sorry. Have we met? Maybe college. We're you the girl that tutored me because you liked me?" He said.

"Bella....step out with me okay." She said, and I followed her outside the room.

"He will remember you soon. You can't force it. Doctors orders. Let's just be happy he I'd awake. " she said. I nodded and walked back in. He looked at us.

"Mom what happened?" He asked.

"You will be fine. Don't worry." His mother said. She led me to a chair handing me food and a drink. "You need to eat. Get some real rest." She said. I ate in silence. I looked over at him as they spoke. The door opened and the others ran in.

"Jax." Troy said. "Kate
, Jax girlfriend....Bea Mikey girlfriend. Mikey. Eric family business partner, and his wife Jane." Troy said. So I was the only one he couldn't remember.

"Where is he!" The one and only Sierra shouted. She ran in and saw him.

"Sierra! I knew someone was missing." He said, and she hugged him. He lifted up his arm about to sit up, but they stopped him. I stood, and grabbed my things.

"Hey I never caught your name." Troy said.

"Bella where do you think you are going?" Eric asked.

"Out. I have work in the morning." I said.

"Absolutely not. You can't go driving." Jane said.

"I'm old enough to make my own decisions. I need to go." I said.

"I see our patient is awake." The doctor said. He checked up on him. "You are doing absolutely better than before. I will have a nurse come in, and take your breathing support off. I will give him an hour with it, than ease him into breathing on his own. How is his memory going?"

"He remembers almost everything. He doesn't remember a thing about Bella." Mrs. Lewis said.

"That's better than what my hypothesis was. Well Miss Bella I will tell you what. You can slowly start telling him about your memories. Do not force it. Just tell it as if you were telling a story." He said turning to me.

"Come on Bella." Jax said waving me over.

"No...." I said, and walked out. I rushed to the lobby.

"Why not?" Jax said.

"I don't want him to remember me." I said.

"Why not?" He asked stopping me from walking.

"If he remembers me he will know it was my fault. I am toxic Jax. I am not even good for my ownself. I can't...." I said wiping the tears.