Graduation

Anna (POV)

I am so excited. Marcel, Aidan's driver had taken me to this hotel where our graduation is being held. He had stayed with me the whole day.

I had told him he didn't have to but he wanted to. The people where lining up and it was getting crowded.

There were a lot of families, with balloons, leis and some with banners.

The last time I spoke to uncle was couple days ago. I had told him to be here early because I had a surprise for him. I hadn't told anyone but I was actually a valedictorian. I even included uncle in my speech. I hope he would like it.

"Sweet heart." Turning my head I was met with Linda and some of the staffs who came to wish me luck.

Was I nervous? Hell yeah but I would be fine. This is once in a life time.

Looking behind them I frowned, "Sweet heart don't worry I'm sure he got stuck in traffic."

Yes I am sure there is a lot of cars out there. "Relax, you will do fine." Linda embraced me into a hug trying to calm my nerves.

"I reserved your seats, second row." I smiled as I watch them leave.

I was now becoming jittery.

"Okay everyone..." The principal clapped his hands gaining everyone's attention as we all took to our seats.

It was time, it was almost time. Counting down the minutes was excruciating.

It was like time was taunting me.

Finally the music began and we all started to walk down the middle aisle. The families here cheered and clapped.

My family, yes my family had also cheered but the one person who I was hoping for, well his seat was empty and my hope once again had died down.

Maybe he got lost? Maybe he called and said he'd be running late.

As we sat in our respective chair, the principal was now talking.

So in my adolescence mind, I decided to call him on the cell he had gifted me. Course I had declined but he said it was for emergencies.

No one would mind if I make one little phone call right. After all I don't give my speech till after the mayor gives his.

Calling him, he picked up on the third ring, "Hello."

I gasped. Did I dial the right number. It was a woman. "Hello." She repeated. I couldn't say anything. "Baby whose that on the phone?" A voice coming from the background spoke. A voice I would never forget even if I wanted to.

"Wrong number." The woman said before hanging up.

The fucking bastard.  He promised that he would come instead he's out with a fucking whore.  And what's worse on my graduation day.  Couldn't he wait till after I had graduated.  I was pissed and fuming on the inside.  When I get home I will be sure to cut holes in his underwear.   Then maybe he'll think twice before breaking a promise.

Putting my phone away my name was finally called.

Standing in front of the podium I stood there silent. My thoughts were everywhere but here.

Looking at the paper in front of me my peers had told me to speak.

So I spoke, my voice a bit shaky at first. But as I had said a few more words it got better until I had to mention how if it wasn't for uncle then I wouldn't have made it this far.