Her Smile

Aidan (POV)

I had to work hard for Megan to forgive me. She has been giving me the silently treatment and I hated it.

"No, you told me that you would choose me over her." She screamed.

"I'm sorry baby but she needed help."

"Aidan, she is a grown woman for fuck's sake. She can take care of her self."

No matter what I say it won't do any good.

And that's how it started.

Eventually she gave in to my advances when I had showered her with gifts. She was easy and gave in easy. That's all I had to do.

Now there was another pressing matter to attend to. I was going out of country and I know for a fact that Megan wouldn't be too pleased.

Laying in bed next to her, "Babe."

"Yes." She hummed.

"I have to be going out of country soon."

Sitting up she gazed at me, "Where, when and how long?"

"Paris, next month and for about a week." I had plans next month and it included the kid. It was time I full fill my promise by taking her to Paris but I know Megan wouldn't agree so I had to work my way around it.

"That long and so soon. Why are you going there for?"

What was I to say. I can't very well say I'm going to take the kid to Paris. I would never hear the end of it. "For work. I have conferences there back to back." Okay a total lie but I intend to take Anna around. I think she would enjoy it.

Megan quieted down seeming to be in deep thought.

"Okay but I'm coming with you."

Oh fuck. I wasn't expecting that. "Honey, you'd just get bored there besides I won't have time to take you out because I'd probably be out late with my associates doing office related." I smiled hoping she'd change her mind.

"I understand that, I'll just wait in the hotel or go around."

Oh great. Well I just have to make sure she doesn't find out. It's not like I'm cheating on her or anything. It will just be me and the kid.

So now I am here in front of Anna as she blinks at me probably wondering what I'm doing here while Megan is on another floor of this same hotel.

"Uncle what are you doing here?" A shock appeared on her face.

"What does it look like?" I let myself in lying on her bed.

"You're our sponsor?"

I smiled, before she had lightly punched me, "What was that for?"

"You spent all this money on a trip for my entire class when there are starving children out there? You are that rich snob who spent all that money?"

Rich snob? I thought she'd be thrilled. "Don't get me wrong, this is definitely a nice surprise but couldn't you just pay for dinner or something."

Dinner? Only her would think of food.

However what she said was true but I needed her to go here without raising suspicion.

I didn't say anything however, instead I pulled her arm letting her body fall on top of mine as I embraced her in hug, "Uncle what are you doing?"

"What do you think I'm doing, sleeping. I'm tired." It was true, the flight was tiring even if I'm taking my private plane. It's just Megan kept nagging me for the smallest thing.