Does it Hurt

Aidan (POV)

"Anna."  Her named rolled off my tongue.  She was sleeping peaceful on her bed.

Her wrists were covered in bandages.  The doctor had told me she had a swelling in her muscle right above her abdomen but with the proper medication it would slow dissipate.

Her neck had slight traces of finger marks.  It was disappearing but still noticeable.

How could my Anna look so frail.  I did this to her.  Because I had thought that boy would have made her happy.

I may not have been with her for a long time but enough to know all about her.  All the signs were there.  Her clothes that she wore kept hidden the truth of what was underneath.  Her lack of food, sleepless night, and her isolation when she kept to herself in her room.

Why didn't she tell me?  I wanted to be angry at her.  Why couldn't she tell me.  Did she not trust me enough.

Did I do something wrong that she thought to keep this from me.

Too even think she had to resort to cutting herself.  She must've been in so much pain.

"Why didn't you tell me Anna."  I whispered holding her hand.

"Because she was ashamed and she thought you would hate her."

I turned my attention to Shiela.  "Hate her."

"When she came to me, I was shock to see her at my front door.  But more so I was sadden by what she had gone through.  When we were little though I may have not shown her, I wanted to save her from my father."  She explained.  She explained how Mr. Walker was thrilled that her parents had met with a fatal accident.  She knew her father wasn't in his right mind so in her child mind was for her to run away.

To think I thought she had no brains.  "Thank you."  If it wasn't for her then who knew what would have happened to Anna.  "I think I may have met her before and the last time I had seen here were at her parent's funeral.  I remember a little girl crying for her parents."  Who knew we would ending up finding each other.  Faith maybe?

"She admire you, you know, when she talked about you.  Her face would light up."

"I admire her too for her strength.  She has been through a lot."

"I think the one thing she was afraid of was disappointing you."  What?  Why would she think that.  I could never be disappointed of her.

"She was ashamed and didn't want you to hate her."  Having this conversation made me feel guilty and relief at the same time.  To know Anna's actual thoughts had brought ease towards my mind.

Getting up, "I'm going now," she stopped at the door, "Oh and Aidan do not hurt my cousin and tell her not to show up ever at my door step.  Sometimes she can be annoying."  She chuckled before leaving.

Watching her, her eyes had fluttered opened, "Anna."

Her head slighly turning my way, "Uncle?"

"Yes its me."  I was happy to know she was a wake.

"Am I dead?"

My brows creased, "No, thank god and don't you ever do that again.  I forbid you to leave my side."  I commanded.

"I'm sorry."  She quivered.

"No, I'm sorry please I'm so sorry."  Holding up her hands, "Does it hurt?"

She looked at me confused, "This, your wrists." 

"A little but it feels nice."  She attempt a smile.