One Night

Aidan (POV)

Megan was back to her old self.  I on the other hand felt lost.  Like a part of me was missing.

Yes despite that I was still angry.  Entering her room, I shall not name her, I found the necklace I had given her on the table.

She had taken it off.  A part of me still missed her but the other part was how could she. 

She brought that boy into my bed room doing god knows what.  Fuck!  Taking out all her belongings I threw it in the trash.  No need a reminder of her being here.

There was even a picture of us in Paris on her night stand.  Holding it, ready to throw it on the trash but I couldn't.  Why couldn't I?

She lied to me, she betrayed me.  Fuck she fucked him.  She gave him what was suppose to be mine. 

No wait, she was never mine was it.  No, it was.  I adopted her and gave her everything.  And because of that, she took me for granted and because of her my child is dead.

Finally with courage I ripped the picture of us and threw it too in the trash.

I was finally cleaning out that room.  Making sure there are no traces of her any where left.

Sitting in the kitchen quietly Megan had joined me with a smile.  "Hi babe."  She chirped.

"Hi."  As of late she has been seeing someone a friend she says.  Right now I could care less.

It was late and it was time for bed.

After washing up Megan and I found our self laying on the bed staring mindlessly into the wall.  These days has been quiet.

"I am so glad she's gone."

"Mmm..." Was all I could muster.

We had small talked, she wanted to try again to have another baby but it was too soon. 

As she had fallen asleep I kept tossing and turning.  There was something in the back of my head that kept gnawing at me. 

Closing my eyes attempting to fall asleep but fail until I felt a shift on Megan's side.  She was texting someone.  Who could she be texting someone this late at night.

Still pretending to sleep with my arms cross Megan had gotten out of bed heading who knows where.

Once she was gone from this room, I silently followed.  She hadn't notice me beause I was at the top of the stairs while she quietly opened the front door.

I couldn't see anyone but I could hear voices.

"What are you doing here and why do you look like shit?" Megan's voice was filled with panic.

"Why didn't you tell me she was a virgin."  A voice I had recognized spoke.

"Quiet down Aidan's up stairs sleeping."

"You should have fucking told me."  Again that man spoke harshly.

What are they talking about I wondered.

"I didn't know."

"Oh for fuck's sake Megan."

"Look I just lost my baby so I don't have time for this."  Megan quietly yelled.

"Oh boo who.  I don't fucking care.  What we did was much worse."

What the hell did they fucking do?

"Well we can't take it back.  What's done is done.  And she is out of our lives for good.  Aidan will never believe a slut like her."

Holding back my rage I refrained myself from stomping on their conversation.  I could only guess who they were talking about.