Reminiscing

Aidan (POV)

Waking alone is never a good thing.  Especially waking up on the couch.  Did Anna and I have a fight last night which cost me to sleep on the couch.

Sitting up, my hands ran over my face.

"Good morning."  Anna greeted with a smile wearing an apron.

Oh, good we didn't have a fight.  "Go freshen up, I made breakfast."

Today was Saturday, and Anna and I would be home just lounging around.

She wanted to do some decorating after all, after we had gotten this house she was the one who chose all the furniture with my help.

I thought since this is our first house together it should feel like its a part of me and hers.

Linda and the rest had the day off as we had started cleaning.  I never cleaned house.  That was Linda's job.  I found cleaning time consuming and boring.  But with Anna it was never boring. 

Going through some books, some old photos had fallen out of their books.

"Pictures."  Anna squealed. 

"Would you like to see it with me."

"I want to see how your were before me."

Sitting down we started to go through each one while I had watch her face display different emotions. She was very entertaining to watch.  Never a dull moment with her.

"Who are these older looking people?"

Holding up a photo, "They are my parents."  Both my parents are dead.  They died when I was a teen.  My dad died due to illness as for my mom well she died of a broken heart.  My father may have been very hard to love but my mom did love him very much.

"I want this."  Looking at the pic it was me in a boy scout uniform.  This pictures were very nostalgic.  I did have a very full filled child hood.

"Sure."  I answered as she continues to hold the picture in her hands, her eyes becoming glossy.  "Baby what's wrong?"

"It's just I wish I had a picture of my parents."

"Actually I do."  Taking another photo album I opened up showing her, her parents.  I had forgotten my dad was friends with her dad after all they are business partners.  Who knew that their kids would end up together.

"These are them."

Looking at the picture with her, "You have your mother's eyes."

Anna then had wiped a tear, "Can I keep it?"

"Of course.  I do have one more thing to show you."  What would she say if we knew each other way before.

Giving her the picture, "Is this you?" 

"Yes." 

"And who's the child?"

"You don't remember?  That's you."

She gasps looking at me then back at the picture, "Are you telling me we knew each other back then."  She paused and gasps the second time, her brows had furrowed and her jaw had tick.

"Baby?" I called her seeming like she had remembered something.

"Your dad?"

I nodded my head.

"I think I remember him."

"You do?"

"I don't know, it's a bit fuzzy but I think I met him or bumped into him or something."