74. Discussion and Debate

"Bucky! Steve hollered back into the spacious flat, cupping a hand to the side of his mouth to amplify his call, keys swinging and jangling metallically in his hand as he swung the keyring around his finger. He poked his head out from around the door cautiously, waiting just to inform Bucky of his whereabouts, so that the poor guy wouldn't panic.

"Yeah?" The shout of a reply came from deeper in the flat and then his topless boyfriend sauntered lazily into view, ruffling his damp dripping brunet hair with a fresh white hand towel to try and dry it off, wearing only a pair of low riding fitted black skinny jeans slung around his waist, riding on his angled hipbones. They emphasized his curved and sturdy muscles in his legs, particularly where they were clinging to his rounded thighs and squared calves.

Steve eyed Bucky up with a slightly alarmed smile on his face, eyes wide, not having expected such a beautiful sight to come to his eyes when he called him. He observed as rolling droplets dripped out of his hair, tumbling from the end of a bunch of locks clinging together, and ran down over his abs, like jewels deigning his statuesque body.

"See something you like?" Bucky teased, nipping at his bottom lip seductively, smirking in self-satisfaction.

"Now's not the right time, although, I'd love to play later. I just wanted to let you know I'm going out to get some food for the flat, but Tony's invited me for a drink, so I might pop to his on the way back."

"Oh," Bucky cooed, nodding in agreement, pacing forward slowly, plodding along barefoot on the floor. "Okay, great. Have fun," he graciously acknowledged it with a low nod and wandered over to give Steve an affectionate peck on the cheek.

"See you later," Bucky lovingly told him, stroking a hand down his arm and holding simpering eye contact.

Steve gave a sharp kiss to Bucky's plump cheek and drew back again with the same eager quickness.

"See you later."

With a swing of the door and a wave of air shuddering through the flat, Steve was gone.

As soon as Steve started on his way, Sharon Carter bumped into him.

"Hey!" She cheerfully chirped, grinning at him. "Steve! It's been a while." She chattily made conversation.

"So it has..." Steve sighed, smiling kindly at his neighbour and work colleague. "How are you, Sharon? How's it been since..?"

An expression of conscious thought passed her features, her eyes ghosting over with thought and she nodded solemnly. "Different... A little lonely, I have to admit. I miss seeing her. I miss speaking to her. But I can't say this is the first time I've lost someone, family or otherwise. I'm sure you know what field work can be like."

"Yeah... I'm really sorry for your loss." Steve respectfully bowed his head and looked up with innocent shining blue eyes, glittering like gems imbued in his head, twinkling as the light from the window in the stairwell hit them, the gold lighting up the blue as if they were stain glass windows.

"Both our loss," Sharon corrected. "How've you found it?"

"Difficult, admittedly. I was so quiet for a whole month, until I finally opened up and Bucky helped me through it. He's a real help, what can I say?" Steve shrugged and curled up into himself, smiling as he thought fond and loving thoughts about his boyfriend. His smile gleamed and his face was glowing healthily bathed in the sunlight.

"Yeah... I heard about you and Bucky... That's incredibly sweet. I had no idea you were..." She trailed off and the top of her nose crinkled as she picked out her next words from her extensive vocabulary. "You liked men..." She finished ineloquently and tightened her lips together as her ears ingested the words that had left her mouth.