Chapter 5

Carter comes home at 3:37. He doesn't even pay me any mind he just rushes into our bedroom and comes out with the luggage I have packed.
"Dia what the fuck do you think you're doing with this?"
He grabs the collar of my shirt and waits for my answer.
"I uh I just wanted to put away the baggy clothes that I had and wear things that are more feminine."
He lifts me up by my collar and I begin to choke.
"Do you think I'm dumb. You're planning to leave me. I thought you loved me!"
He throws me against the wall and I hit my head. Just then he is over me with his fist balled.
"Carter stop please. You promised you won't try to hurt me."
"Promise? Please you only want me to stop cause you got caught, now I'll teach you a lesson when you try to leave."
He picks me back up and smacks me across my face. He continues to smack me or punch me. I cry out for him to stop but he just hits harder. Soon after he stops and leaves. I start to cry. When will I get out of this fucking hell hole?
-Time skip-
I bundle up in the blanket in our room, I try not to cry cause it'll just burn the open cuts he made when he punched me. I have 4 cuts and 12 bruises, he really wanted to make sure I get it through my head he didn't want me to leave.
Carter comes into the room and sits on the bed. He doesn't face me and he takes a moment to talk. "Dia, I'm sorry I lost my temper, but you can understand right? You tried to leave and you're not allowed to leave unless I'm with you."
My fault... it's my fault for his actions...
I take a deep breath. "Yes I understand."
He pulls the blanket off of me and in his other hand is a bag of cream for cuts, alcohol, and cream to numb the pain. He places them in front of me and leaves the room.
"You probably want some time to yourself, so I'll make diner and call you when it's ready."
He closes the door and I grab and use the medication.
Carter comes into the room and tells me the food is ready. I get up and walk to the couch. He brings me a plate of food and sits next to me with his. We didn't speak that whole night and he avoided sleeping in the same room with me.