Chapter 13

After I finished eating I laid down and went to sleep, I really wish I could forget this night...

The sunlight escapes through the room blinds waking me up, still I'm not used to being here... nothing looks familiar right away.

I sit up and stretch and get out of bed to brush my teeth. When I look at my neck the bruises are dark, his finger prints are embedded into my skin. I feel hatred. A build up of rage for how he hurts me, but I fell in love with this man. Life was happier when things never escalated to this point. I leave the bathroom and walk out into the hallway. Some of the housemaids look at me and speak among themselves. They hold concern in their eyes, probably wondering why I haven't left or why I haven't tried to hit him back. I wonder too, it's not worth it.

I walk back into the room, their pity pisses me off. This is confinement basically. I head to the closet this time idc what's packed... I'm leaving. I zip up my luggage and dash out the room with it. No one dared to stop me. I grabbed a set of keys and went to the garage and tried to find the car it belonged to. The car at the far end of the garage. It looked like a white BMW. I opened it and threw the luggage inside, started the car, opened the garage, and drove off.

I eventually came to a gas station I went inside the store straight to the cashier.

"Hi ma'am how-"

"Let's just cut to the chase, I need your car in exchange the BMW outside is all yours. I can't risk being caught by this person.."

The cashier looked me up and down and I wanted to cry. I feel like this is about to be for nothing, so I showed her my neck by tilting my head to the side a little.

"Look it's suspicious I know, but I'm desperate. I just need to flee and go far away from here.."