Part 23

I consider going to therapy I really do.... but I feel like this is a bad idea. For the past few days I've been haunted in my dreams. It's always about being back in Carter's grasp and I wake up either screaming or in a pool of sweat.

Today is different though the dream was different, Carter was standing in front of me, he showed no emotion had no movement. I had reached out to touch him and he shattered like glass... it was weird. But I brush it off and get ready to head to the coffee shop. I arrive about thirty minutes later and Jason was waiting at the front of the store.

"What are you waiting for Jason?"
He doesn't pay me any mind though so I just walk past him and went into the shop. Cara was wiping down tables and fixing the chairs and I helped her.

"Morning Dia."
"Morning Cara, how come you were setting the store up by yourself?"
"Because of stupid Jason having to go see someone."
"Oh...."
"Don't worry Dia it's not a girl." She says giggling a little.
"Wh-What makes you think I thought he was going to see another female?!"
"Well I know that you still have feelings for my brother. And he most definitely still loves you."

I brush my hair back, and sigh. Even if I still held feelings for Jason I don't think I would be with him again. I hold too many doubts for him... doubts about him even loving me way back then. I was told repeatedly by his mother I wasn't the usual type of female he'd be attracted to... and he would just laugh it off and say how he changed his type. What am I even thinking about right now, I don't have time to worry about something old!

I go back to helping Cara set up tables and when I'm finished I make some coffee to go and head out. Today is the day I apply to a whole bunch of businesses. Hopefully as soon as possible I hear back from on of them. It's about time I become independent and move out of Hope's house.