Chapter 15

A few years ago.....

"I just wish you'd give me more attention J..." I say pouting. He kisses me on my cheek and hugs me smiling.

"I'm sorry Dia. I have been busy and neglected you as a result."
"It's okay, can we get something to eat I'm kinda hungry..."
"Yeah, what do you feel like eating?"
"Ummm, seafood!"
He laughs a little and grabs the car keys and we leave the apartment. We go to my favorite seafood place and we eat and joke around. I hadn't noticed at first but Jason was staring at something but made sure to keep looking at me from time to time.

"Jason, what are you looking at?"
He sighs and looks at me, "This is the last meal we'll have together..."
"What are you talking about?" I look at him concerned.
"I'm not who you think I am, I've been hiding things and enforcements have been on my back, I can't run anywhere else."
"Does this mean you'll be-"
"Going to jail, maybe."

I lost my appetite... I thought I knew Jason, but I don't. He cups my cheek and smiles. You can see a painful look behind it.

"Let's break up." He said it so easily... I lost 11 months of my life to him, and he wants to break up. I didnt even say anything the rest of the time we were at the restaurant and on the way home. We got into our bedroom and he was packing his bags, it took him about an hour before he left. We never said goodbye nor face each other for the last time. It was the end of us...