Part 25

It's been 2 weeks since I've been working as a secretary at Vincent's company and I don't really think he suspects a thing. Time from time though he invites me to company parties and I turn him down all the time. Today he insisted on me being there and I again refused, he wanted me to meet someone and I didn't trust it. That didnt stop him from introducing me to his friend...

I stop dead in the tracks as I see a familiar face start to come down the hall. I duck behind my desk and try to pretend I'm looking for something.

"Excuse me, I'm looking for Vincent, is he here?" The deep voice rang in my ear.

"Uhmm, I think he's in his office." I say in soft baby like voice so he won't recognize me by how I sound.

And for a brief moment I can feel the man staring down on me.... and then the sound of shoes hitting the granite floor that is towards Vincent's office.

I take a deep breath and try to gather my things and leave, but I can hear Vincent coming out of the office along with the man.....

"Violet, my sweet secretary. I have someone I'd like you to meet."

I purposely drop papers and proceed to hurry and pick them up. "Oops darn, one moment Mr.Vincent."

I try to take as much time as I can and when I grab the last sheet I'm met with the eyes of my nightmare.

"Violet this is my great friend Carter."

He reaches his hand out to shake mine and I slowly grab his and shake it. He squeezes my hand tightly.

"Nice to meet you Violet, you're such a beautiful lady."